Texas Hunting Forum

The PSA review your gonna hate

Posted By: 7mag

The PSA review your gonna hate - 08/30/15 04:08 PM

Well I took her out yesterday for the first time after the build. Ross (revereseseven) was with me. He asked if I had shot it and I said "no". He then asked "will it shoot?" mad

I put a Burris 3x9 ballistic scope on her and used the TMS AR15 mounts. I couldn't find my bore sighter so I just went with it and hoped to be on paper. This was a deer lease type set up. Rocky chair and rockier table to sit her atop. First rattle I was on paper and about 10 inches over and 3 inches high. I adjusted the scope after one shot.

Bulls eye on the second, an inch right and tad low on the 3rd. From then on several bulls eyes. Ross and his son as well as my wife shot very well with it. We put a few holes in a Tecate can. She needs a workout at 100 yards this was only about 40. I shot cheap federal 55 grain FMJs and had ZERO issues. No jams, misfires etc.

Everyone was impressed with the PSA build, of course including me. Momma wants one now so that is next. If your on the edge about ordering one, don't be. 400 dollars was more then well worth it on the build.

If your looking to mount any kind of scope on an AR look into this. It is a "copy cat" of the Burris PEPR. Rock solid an way cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/TMS-Offset-Accesso...mountsfor+ar+15
Posted By: Cattleman

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 08/30/15 05:18 PM

I had a psa put together and liked it a lot . Kinda of wished I would have kept it but now I have a 243 ar and it's even better. PSA is the best deal going .
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 08/30/15 07:36 PM

I built one on a budget using a Del-Ton kit with a couple better parts (for my needs) than the PSA kits for $429 when the PSA kits were $499. Either way you can't go wrong. I was hitting 8" steel at 190 yards rested with open sights and I'm not a very good shot sometimes. These kits seem to have dried up the market for complete budget guns and I see why. Atwood's has a complete for $550-ish plus tax after rebate with a hard case.
Posted By: Fatdaddy

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 08/30/15 09:40 PM

I have 2 complete PSA's and a 6.8 PSA upper. Never an issue with any of them.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/01/15 12:17 AM

I love PSA. I have even considered getting rid of my Daniel Defense and replacing it with a couple of PSA builds.
Posted By: KC

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/01/15 01:55 AM

I have a PSA precision upper and it is flawless.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/01/15 02:08 AM

Not sure why we'd hate the review. I've heard many good things about PSA, glad to hear more. What are the specs/model info for the one you built?
Posted By: 7mag

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/01/15 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Not sure why we'd hate the review. I've heard many good things about PSA, glad to hear more. What are the specs/model info for the one you built?

Freedom Kit and I used and Anderson lower
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...-rifle-kit.html
Posted By: texdexters

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/02/15 02:06 AM

Good review , I was wondering about there stainless kit myself . I did a build off there chief kit line with the fn barrel . Had some minor issues , but psa was good as gold on there customer service .
Posted By: TexasEd

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/02/15 08:28 PM

My PSA rifle. I got everything from them except the stripped lower and sights/optics.
Shoots very tight groups.

Posted By: Loaded

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/03/15 04:08 AM

I have built a few PSA ARs. My PSA 6.8 is one of my favorite rifles. Their parts are great and the deals can't be beat. Their customer service is what sucks.
Posted By: clandr1

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/03/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

I think one would hate it because it makes it too easy to spend $400 grin
Posted By: Franklin517

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/11/15 04:05 AM

aim
Posted By: bcwhit

Re: The PSA review your gonna hate - 09/20/15 02:24 PM

real happy with mine,now. When new it was really picky about ammo and would jam some, it took 200-250 rounds to smooth out.I am at 1200 rounds, now it has been 400 rounds since it's last cleaning without any issues.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum