Texas Hunting Forum

Billet Receivers

Posted By: TexFlip

Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 02:47 PM

Looking to built another SBR and want to use a nice billet matched receiver set. I really like the Spikes Gen II but don't want to spend $700 on a set. Looking at the San Tan Tactical without logo, Salient, or CMT. Any others I should look at?
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 02:53 PM

I've heard really good things about joeboboutfitters.com's matched set. The Spartan set has a ton of features for about half of what some of the others charge. I've been thinking about grabbing me a set for my next build.

Upper $109 and Lower $129 $238 isn't too bad for a matched set of billets with a lot of nice features.

I'm not a huge fan of the logos, but to each their own.

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 02:55 PM

They also have a slab side version for $99 and a non reciprocating side charging version for $250

Posted By: dee

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 04:42 PM

Specialized Dynamics
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 05:36 PM

You AR guys are cult like.

Oh wait, so are us bolt action guys. peep
Posted By: Crews

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 06:06 PM

just built my first SBR on a Mega. Like it!
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

With a whole other language too.

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Reloder28

With a whole other language too.

Yessir.
Posted By: Crews

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 08:49 PM

Oh wait, so are us bolt action guys.

I guess that makes me bi-cultural then?

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 09:32 PM

You're AR, but you "identify" as bolt action.
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 10:10 PM

Runner Runner guns. $240 for a billet upper/lower set. Made from 7075 aluminum (most "affordable" billet lowers are made using 6061 aluminum, which is not as strong.) Set screws instead of roll pins in all the right places. Tension post. Texas company. Multiple Texas themed logo options (Texas flag, Gonzalez flag, Goliad flag.) They also offer a lower with no logo so you can add your own, or leave it blank and just add your SBR engraving. http://www.runnerrunnerguns.com
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 10:19 PM

By the way, it looks like Runner Runner and Joe Bob's both use uppers/lowers from the same manufacturer and just add their logos. Runner Runner sets look exactly the same as Joe Bob's, but with cool Texas logos instead of cheesy Spartan ones.
Posted By: toolman

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 10:41 PM

I'm a dealer for these guys and have had really good luck with their products so far. http://swatfirearms.com/
Posted By: dredd

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 11:14 PM

You're AR, but you "identify" as bolt action.

I'm going with this.^ ^ ^

Now that I have embraced who I am, I demand special consideration(s).

I am also available to star in my own TV Show if someone is interested in producing it and paying me insanely large amounts of money.

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/11/15 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4
By the way, it looks like Runner Runner and Joe Bob's both use uppers/lowers from the same manufacturer and just add their logos. Runner Runner sets look exactly the same as Joe Bob's, but with cool Texas logos instead of cheesy Spartan ones.

Thanks for the heads up, the Spartan logos were one of the only things holding me back on buying a set.
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/12/15 12:25 AM

My favorite is the cross machine tool matching set I got at Alamo precision. Looks sweet and the fit and functionality is second to none!
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/12/15 12:25 AM

My favorite is the cross machine tool matching set I got at Alamo precision. Looks sweet and the fit and functionality is second to none!
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/12/15 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
I've heard really good things about joeboboutfitters.com's matched set. The Spartan set has a ton of features for about half of what some of the others charge. I've been thinking about grabbing me a set for my next build.

Upper $109 and Lower $129 $238 isn't too bad for a matched set of billets with a lot of nice features.

I'm not a huge fan of the logos, but to each their own.

I would love a build from that set; but it would have to be completely high-end parts to justify the difference between my PSA $50 uppers and lowers.
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/12/15 01:00 AM

I really like mega and seekins
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Billet Receivers - 08/12/15 02:41 PM

Got a set from Brandon at SouthTexasArms in San Antion for my son's 6.8 build.
Nicely done.

http://www.southtexasarms.net/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum