Texas Hunting Forum

3X for the AR

Posted By: Bigfoot

3X for the AR - 08/08/15 08:19 PM

Alright guys. I have an Aimpoint Micro T1 on my AR and it is on a LT660 Larue mount.

I need some magnification. I am looking at Aimpoints 3X magnifier at Midway for $620 plus I will need a Larue swivel mount which I am sure is costly also.

Do I have another option for my red dot for magnification?

I firmly believe in buy once cry once but I really dont want to spend $850 at this time if I can help it

Any suggestions? Are there any other DECENT 3X out there that will work with my Aimpoint?

Thanks guys!!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/08/15 08:57 PM

http://swfa.com/Vortex-3x-Magnifier-with-Flip-Mount-P61024.aspx

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/08/15 09:36 PM

I see a lot of cheap ones but I am scared to buy cheap. How is the ye relief? Any shadowing etc on this magnifier?
Posted By: Earl

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/08/15 10:48 PM

Check out the Primary Arms magnifiers. While they are lower cost, they are still good quality.

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/08/15 11:00 PM

Thanks Earl . I am OK with lower cost just looking for decent quality since I only plan on using it part of the time anyways.

I will look at them.
Posted By: swmays

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/09/15 01:55 AM

Optics Planet has these for $599: Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x20mm Illuminated Riflescope w/ Free Shipping and Handling. 2cents
Posted By: Vern1

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/09/15 02:24 AM

Had a Primary Arms 3X with flip to side mount behind a Eotech Zombie Stopper for a while and it worked well.
Only sold it because the Zombie reticle was too busy!
Posted By: cyphertext

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/09/15 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: swmays
Optics Planet has these for $599: Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x20mm Illuminated Riflescope w/ Free Shipping and Handling. 2cents

I would go with something like that... a red dot and a magnifier says that you bought the wrong type of optic, IMO.
Posted By: Buckeyesgt

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/09/15 04:07 AM

I have the Primary Arms one with their mount. The magnifier is decent the mount could be better.

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/09/15 02:11 PM

Looks like Burris is the best for the money from what research I have been doing. The Vortex is out because it flips over to the left and would be best for lefties.

Not seeing many good reviews on the Primary Arms stuff.

Why would I want a big heavy bulky scope? That is the absolute wrong purchase in my opinion.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: 3X for the AR - 08/09/15 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: cyphertext
Originally Posted By: swmays

I would go with something like that... a red dot and a magnifier says that you bought the wrong type of optic, IMO.

I'd put that in a QD mount, and when you need magnification switch out the optics. But there's nothing wrong with a red dot and a magnifier. A red dot can be a lot of fun plinking and doing CQ stuff and a magnifier gives you some flexibility.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum