Texas Hunting Forum

I'm.....back! From the CMP Store!

Posted By: Deerhunter61

I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 02:33 AM

Outstanding experience! I read online that they were only getting M1s now and some 22s but when I walked in there were M1 Carbines too! Yeehi! I've been wanting one of those too. I probably should have bought two but I bought two M1s along with the M1 Carbine so I didn't want to stress my wife out too much so I stopped there. I saved over $250.00 by having them shipped so when I get them I'll post pics.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 02:55 AM

Good deal! What grade are they?
Posted By: tth_40

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 03:33 AM

WOOHOO!!!! Post pix as soon as you can!!! cheers up
Posted By: boonee

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 03:49 AM

Yep, get them pics up when they hit! I have 1 CMP Garand, and a shooter 54 IH, but always looking for the another one or two. We had talked about going out there... but couldn't get our stuff together.
Posted By: rentzington

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 01:32 PM

oooh they have carbines now?
Posted By: Cast

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 03:10 PM

I've always wanted a carbine, but the totally useless round they fire has me on hold.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
I've always wanted a carbine, but the totally useless round they fire has me on hold.

It'd be a fun one to shoot.. but that's about it.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 07/31/15 09:46 PM

Where is the store?

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/01/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Cool Mo D
Where is the store?

It's in Anniston AL.

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/01/15 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Cast

If your interest is simply shooting it I agree. But if it includes the history that goes with it then it was worth it to me. Also have about 300 rounds already that I inherited.

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/01/15 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: rentzington
oooh they have carbines now?

They did this week. I just saw one at Cabelas and they wanted $1,899.00 for it! I'm wishing I'd bought two now.
Posted By: thedoveshooter

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/01/15 06:19 AM

According to reports on the CMP forums, both stores have had 6-12 carbines most days. Some are refinished with new stocks and some are original finish and stock.

Wish they had some out when I went in June!
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/02/15 07:46 AM

I tend to think that with modern powders and projectiles; the carbine has way more versatility than it once had.

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/05/15 02:45 PM

Guys

Got'm in this morning! They look awesome! I'll post pics in the photo section later today.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/05/15 03:19 PM

What round does the carbine fire?

derp, found it.. 30 cal carbine... I have one in granddads case, what is one worth these days? I've never shot it...

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/05/15 10:39 PM

Carbines are at least $1000 if in decent shape. More depending on how correct and condition.
Posted By: TXBoss

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/06/15 04:43 AM

I bought a carbine each for my boys. They love shooting them (all under 13) and it's a great piece of history to pass down.

A while back you could call the stores (North or South) and place an order over the phone... they'd grab one off the shelf and hold it until your mail order came in. That is how I got my IHC years ago. Not sure they are still doing that.

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/07/15 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: TXBoss

A while back you could call the stores (North or South) and place an order over the phone... they'd grab one off the shelf and hold it until your mail order came in. That is how I got my IHC years ago. Not sure they are still doing that.

They don't do that anymore! They recently stopped letting "agents" pick a rifle out for you and sending it as a mail order. Made a bunch of folks mad. You can still do the regular mail order though.

Re: I'm.....back! From the CMP Store! - 08/07/15 11:38 AM

I gotta say the Rifles on the shelf barely resembled the rifles that arrived at the door. Since I left I had been doing clean up research because they all had what I assume was cosmoline on them. Got it all over my hands when holding them. I figured I'd have to clean them up good before I posted any pics. And then they arrived and wow! They had cleaned them up amazingly well! Beautiful rifles! They looked a lot better when they arrived than when I saw them at the store!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum