Texas Hunting Forum

Ammo sale prices?

Posted By: BFT

Ammo sale prices? - 07/17/15 02:28 AM

I've got some ammo that will be up for sale.
.22-250 (at least 20 boxes + some loose rounds)
.30-06 (have not counted boxes yet on these)

These are factory loads, not reloads.
Dad passed away & inherited some guns + ammo that I will never use.
I wish to sell the ammo at a fair price but not give it away...
Was trying to decide on price? 60-75% of retail??? Or 50% of retail price if buyer bought all of one caliber?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Remington 700 BDL .30-06 w/Leopold Rifleman scope wood stock (older rifle) definitely shows use but not abused. Used price idea?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/17/15 02:43 AM

Put them in the Classifieds here, they will sell, just price them fair maybe some pictures. You might look on Gunbroker, Guns America auctions. you should be able to get a start there on pricing.

IMO, the rifle should bring $400-$500 with the scope.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/17/15 03:28 AM

85% of current retail (online price) without shipping on the ammo is a place to start. Offer a little room for someone that buys it all when you have that much.

The BDL could be $350 or $800 depending on factors. Sign up for Gunbroker if you haven't because it will allow you to search sold items. Guns America isn't a reference point IMO because of all the non-deals and lack of real search ability.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/17/15 11:38 AM

Depends on how fast you want to get rid of it. I would start with 60-75% of retail as you suggested. Stay towards 75% if someone is only buying a box or two, and drop to 50-60% if someone is buying a bunch.

I agree with pricing the rifle around $450.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/17/15 02:14 PM

Like Chad said on another thread...you CAN ship live ammo thru UPS Ground...but it Ain't Cheap is an understatement. Find the UPS Hub warehouse and talk to them for price quotes on a point to point delivery by zip code. Shipped some 300WSM ammo to Knoxville TN yesterday this way.
Ron
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/17/15 04:10 PM

I shipped 4 boxes of .243 a while back, think it cost me $17. Not cheap.

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/18/15 06:22 AM

Thanks to all who responded with suggestions. I do appreciate all the info. It's been a bad week. Getting my Mom setup with Hospice care in the morning. Once I get a break this weekend, I will get my ammo priced & posted on here. Thanks again for the help.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/20/15 03:28 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Hospice is amazing and will take great care of her and you.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/20/15 01:27 PM

I'm interested in the '06 ammo. When you get Mom taken care of, shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can solve the logistics problem solved.

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/28/15 12:57 AM

Thanks to all for input. Rifle sold. .22-250 & .30-06 ammo all sold. I have a few boxes of .270 left & 7 bricks of .22 LR that I may post later.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Ammo sale prices? - 07/28/15 12:38 PM

Thanks Bill. Great to meet you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum