Texas Hunting Forum

Heat Stroke Open Results

Posted By: Judd

Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 02:00 AM

I heard we had some members with some pretty respectable finishes. I've not found them yet.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 02:45 AM

Post them up
Posted By: Dave3575

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 02:46 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19hDUziBSjk7Ye9-7c-hIZmgcx_Kx_VBflY446fefXjo/pubhtml
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 03:01 AM

Is there a sheet that tells what equipment was being used and where the shooters were from... Also what the conditions were ? Temp and average wind?
Posted By: Dave3575

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 03:28 AM

it was hot and windy.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 04:29 AM

Hot and windy is right!

Yesterday afternoon it was 98 F and we were holding wind for 18-25 mph.

Today it was 93F and we were holding wind for 8-15 mph.

As shooters get better, they keep making targets smaller. Stupid tiny targets this year.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 12:49 PM

Wonder if the top guys used MOA scopes to makes hits on the smaller targets? Lol
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: wp75169
Wonder if the top guys used MOA scopes to makes hits on the smaller targets? Lol

clap rofl
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 01:48 PM

And second focal plane so the crosshairs didn't cover the small target at higher magnification. peep

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1

And second focal plane so the crosshairs didn't cover the small target at higher magnification. peep

Not taking the bait...
Posted By: jeff1383

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 07:27 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave3575
it was hot and windy.
lol
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 08:18 PM

What other forum members are on that list?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 10:50 PM

How did I miss getting in on this, my BDC turret would have fit right in banana
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 11:09 PM

I'm on the list. I had a mental implosion on Saturday. I had 2 stages where my firing pin was not working, and would pull the trigger and "click". It took 3 stages to get it working right and figure out the problem. Sunday I shot pretty good. But you can not make up a 2 day match in one day, though. Wind was blowing, as well as vertical lift. The hills were causing some vertical movement at several locations. I need to work on the loop hole shot. I should have gotten those points, as I have shot it in the past and it work. The loop hole shot is a cut in a ply wood of about 3/4". You line up behind this ply wood and you have to shoot through the 3/4" cut and hit a 700 yard target. If you do the math correct, you should be able to get the bullet to go through it, and make your hits. It was a great match with a lot of small targets at some long ranges. I did make a hit on the far one at 1294 yards, though!

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/13/15 11:28 PM

A few stages crushed me, I did fair on some, and I rocked on some.

Yesterday on the J. Enterprises Troop was the funniest trash talk I did. 94 F, wind 10-15 mph, maybe 1 1/2 MOA targets. 2 points for a first round hit, 1 point for a second. Targets 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock

226 yards- Impact..impact
389 yards- Impact...impact
588 yards Impact...impact
819 yards miss (but I saw it splash)...impact
1008 yards Impact, cycled, held the same wind (2.4 mil) miss bang

Lost of guys were getting killed on it right before me so I was super happy even if I didn't clean it. Range Officers said "dang that was a good run". I dropped my mag, grabbed my empty cases, stood up two fists in the air "I'M RICK JAMES BI**CH!" R.O.s busted up laughing. 12 points

Guy I was squadded with from New Mexico was MOA and we were gigging each other all day. He said "how many did you hit?" I said I don't know, a lot.

He ran the stage while I was squaring away for the next stage. I asked him how he did and he got 8 points. I said "see, if you were using Mils you would've got 12 points like me" whip
Posted By: capreppy

Re: Heat Stroke Open Results - 07/14/15 02:39 AM

man that sounds like a lot of fun. I will definitely be working to go next year. I'm trying to figure out what gear I'm going to need and start practicing with that gear.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum