Texas Hunting Forum

Whats it worth?

Posted By: cyberpyrot

Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 04:57 PM

I want to take a Henry ar-7 and a Taurus 44 Mag to gander mountain to sell towards purchasing a take down.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 05:01 PM

I wouldn't sell crap to GM. Sell it on here and get probably at least another $50
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 05:03 PM

You'll get half of true value at a dealer. Sell it on here if you want to maximize trade-in.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 05:20 PM

What they said.
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 05:24 PM

No different than a car. I'd much rather sell my car and give someone a good deal than get even less as a trade-in to a dealer. The car dealers already make enough profit as it is without me letting them make even more profit on the trade-in!!

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 05:31 PM

the problem is im a firm believer of paper out paper in.. I like to have everything go through an FFL. im scared something will happen with the firearm and my mane will be attached to it
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 06:04 PM

do a bill of sale, CVA, ck to make sure the buyer is a Tx. resident and of age
Posted By: Earl

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45

What he said. I personally do not do this when I sell something as I'm currently within the law without it. But I buy alot of used guns and have no problem providing the info to a seller. For those concerned about such things, this both covers you and allows you to maximize the money you receive. You won't lose $50 at Gander, you will lose hundreds.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Earl

What he said. I personally do not do this when I sell something as I'm currently within the law without it. But I buy alot of used guns and have no problem providing the info to a seller. For those concerned about such things, this both covers you and allows you to maximize the money you receive. You won't lose $50 at Gander, you will lose hundreds.

Yes, he will lose hundreds at Gander, I was just saying he could easily put the guns on here for $50 more than what Gander quoted and they'd probably sell within minutes.

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 06:33 PM

Whats CVA? and what would be a fair price on the forum?
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 07:53 PM

Probably meant CYA.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/02/15 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot

Whats CVA? and what would be a fair price on the forum?

What model Taurus? Roughly I would say 150-175 for the Henry and ~350-450 on the Taurus but maybe more depending on model. Gander is going to be high as a kite on whatever you're trading for, I'd tell them you need at least $500 or sell them on here. If you're that worried about the paper work, I think you can go to a local FFL and have them do a transfer for $15-20.

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/03/15 03:27 PM

You guys where right they offered $250 for both and on top of that they where trying to sell the takedown for $50 above suggested retail price
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Whats it worth? - 07/05/15 06:30 PM

Sell them here for sure. You'll get more and the buyer will get a better deal too.

BTW, car dealers make nearly nothing to nothing on a new car sale. Not sure about firearms but with a car you need to make sure you can get your asking price plus 6.5% of the new vehicle price WITHOUT the trade because the trade value is taken off before sales tax is figured. Not sure how they do it with guns.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum