Texas Hunting Forum

I was doing some thinking drinking...

Posted By: sgtmajorbrad

I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/13/15 11:20 PM

Although not as prevalent as it once was I was remembering some posts describing weapons stolen from their owner and to be on the look out for said weapons which make me wonder how many stolen firearms are passed around these forums. I personally wouldn't have a problem with entering the serial numbers into a THF database before my ad would be posted as long as it was shared with LE and no one else. If I buy, sell or trade a weapon I always have a bill of sale that declares there are no bodies illegally attributed to the weapon and LE is not looking for the weapon. Criminals that will steal a man's firearm are as bad as horse thieves and deserve a just punishment. I'm one that worries about big brother as much as the rest of the sportsmen but I also hate a thief just as bad. Am I knee deep in the bourbon? Your thoughts!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 12:53 AM

I like Old Charter 10

I'd have to drink about the rest. cheers
Posted By: BigPig

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 01:16 AM

Sipping the Makers 46 tonight. Cheers cheers
Posted By: J.G.

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 01:28 AM

I think your motovation has no malice. I also think most folks don't want any record of a firearm sale through an individual, as we watch the craziness the "0" uses the ATF to attempt the removal of our firearms.

Are you really a Sgt. Major ?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 02:16 AM

ATF says no bill of sale is necessary. People always wanting to do a bill of sale annoys me.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 04:27 AM

I don't believe a thief would hesitate to give you a bill of sale... so what would be the point of getting one.
Posted By: boonee

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 07:05 PM

I like Fire Fly 107 proof Moonshine.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 07:43 PM

Tactical Cowboy...do you have a 30/30 with quad rails, tac light, BUIS sights and a red dot scope? What about a Blackhawk with extended cylinder? Is your horse black and wearing a bullet proof saddle? I always wonder about screen names when I drink
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/14/15 11:50 PM

Sharing info about my guns?

No.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/15/15 01:49 AM

Guns? I don't own any guns. shocked
Posted By: patriot07

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/15/15 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy
ATF says no bill of sale is necessary. People always wanting to do a bill of sale annoys me.
How else do I prove that I didn't own a gun if I sell it to you and you shoot someone with it?
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/15/15 02:40 AM

If ATF says it's not necessary, I don't think you have to prove anything. Are you liable if someone steals your car and runs someone over?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/15/15 03:14 AM

They gone
Posted By: Marc K

Re: I was doing some thinking drinking... - 06/15/15 02:00 PM

Wow, you guys still have guns?!

A truly amazing number of guns have gone missing in my neck of the woods, since Jade Helm 15 was announced. But, at the same time, XM33 sales at Walmart have skyrocketed. Just can't figure that one out.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum