That's an Expensive Garand!

Posted By: thedoveshooter

That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 04:54 AM

It's pretty, but dang!

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?...342807-Like-New

muyloco
Posted By: tth_40

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 06:58 AM

It's a Winchester, they ain't making any more.

I really need to get one of the RM1SPECIALs or the RM1DSPECIALs before they run out of parts and quit offering them.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 12:25 PM

Pretty expensive. Most likely will go to a collector or museum, never be fired.
Posted By: rentzington

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 12:45 PM

Hmm they've got m1 carbines on auction again, tempting

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 01:22 PM

Yeah, they have a bare Grade B SA barreled receiver 1+ 0+ going for $731.00.

Maybe it's me, but I'm just not seeing the draw on that one... scratch

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 06:42 PM

I'm going to the Suuth Store in a couple weeks. Just so happens we will be going through Anniston on our way to visit family in Asheville. lol

I'm definitely getting ammo (ammo/gun madness is around the corner with elections coming) and probably a Garand. They've had about 10-20 out each day from what I've read in the CMP forums the last two months or so.

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 07:16 PM

Man, I REALLY wish I was going with you. cheers

I agree with the whole gun & ammo madness thing coming back soon. I've been prepping for it for the last year or so. Getting another Garand would be a smart move at this point, be it another Service Grade or a Special. up
Posted By: rentzington

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: tth_40

I agree with the whole gun & ammo madness thing coming back soon. I've been prepping for it for the last year or so. Getting another Garand would be a smart move at this point, be it another Service Grade or a Special. up

I need to stop being lazy and order one, can never decide between the grades...the field grade price is always enticing but I fear condition.

Saw they have .308 special grades now too
Posted By: BigPig

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/24/15 10:51 PM

I bought a Beretta M1 Garand that was all original and shot peened stainless. Bought it for $1k simply because I liked it. Got it home and realized it was 1 of like 1200 produced. Sold it in 2 days for $1800 profit, and I regret it to this day

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/25/15 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: rentzington
Originally Posted By: tth_40

I need to stop being lazy and order one, can never decide between the grades...the field grade price is always enticing but I fear condition.

Saw they have .308 special grades now too

Unless you pick it out yourself, the field grade is a 50/50 chance of getting something nice. Almost all Service Grades are nice condition. Well worth the extra money.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/25/15 02:22 AM

Never understood the draw of them. Crazy, crazy expensive.

$39k? My goodness. The most expensive vehicle I've ever owned cost less than half of that.

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/25/15 03:56 AM

A "plain Jane" Service Grade from the CMP mail order is $700. Not any more than your average AR or AK.

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/25/15 04:39 PM

Really considering one of the .30-06 "Specials".

Essentially a brand new Garand from CMP.
Posted By: dohctr

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/26/15 02:36 AM

Close to gas trap money.
Posted By: Reeder

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/29/15 02:07 PM

I've ordered service grade M1s from the CMP and all have been nice rifles. They're mixed parts so if you want to try to get one close to correct, order a few of them and swap parts.
Posted By: Earl

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/29/15 02:40 PM

I can't understand that kind of money for the rifle. It's as fine an example of a Winchester anyone will ever find but still...I've owned one original WW2 era M1, an early '42 Springfield that was a Lend Lease to England. Had gone there, and likely never saw any wartime service other than maybe guard/security work - and was brought home in one of the first imports by Golden State Arms in the 50's. But even it sold for about 10% of that Winchester's price.

Crazy...

Earl
Posted By: nsmike

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/29/15 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Earl
I can't understand that kind of money for the rifle. It's as fine an example of a Winchester anyone will ever find but still...I've owned one original WW2 era M1, an early '42 Springfield that was a Lend Lease to England. Had gone there, and likely never saw any wartime service other than maybe guard/security work - and was brought home in one of the first imports by Golden State Arms in the 50's. But even it sold for about 10% of that Winchester's price.

Crazy...

Earl

It's a combination of condition and proof of a rumor that Winchester sometimes used high grade sporter blanks to maintain production. It's a collectors dream piece and priced accordingly.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 05/29/15 09:52 PM

Beautiful, but DANG!!!
Posted By: STXHO

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 06/03/15 05:01 AM

Very nice. Thats really a piece of history.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: That's an Expensive Garand! - 06/03/15 05:29 AM

eek2 Wow!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum