Texas Hunting Forum

ANIB on Gunbroker?

Posted By: Elkhunter49

ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/14/15 04:09 PM

Can someone fill me in on ANIB on Gunbroker.com. All these acronyms are killing me. Thanks
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/14/15 04:14 PM

As new in box
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/14/15 04:16 PM

Thank you buddy
Posted By: VAFish

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/14/15 06:59 PM

Almost New In Box smile

It should mean that the gun has been fired, but you can't really tell that it has. Of course some sellers have different views of what a new gun should look like.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/14/15 08:08 PM

Almost New In Box... "Broken In" means they shot it, they think they properly broke in the barrel, and becasue of their hard efforts and ammo used they can charge more bang
Posted By: TX Hntr

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/14/15 08:51 PM

ANIB stands for "As New In Box". ANIB means the firearm and box are in the same condition as they left the factory. This can be used when the rifle has not been fired, other than the factory test fire.
Posted By: Ruger1980

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/16/15 01:26 PM

Wouldn't that be the same as LNIB "Like New In Box" I have never seen ANIB either. It is also funny with NIB and BNIB
Posted By: patriot07

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/16/15 01:50 PM

I've always taken it as "as new in box". Basically meaning the same condition as it came from the factory. Doesn't necessarily mean it has or hasn't been fired. Just means it doesn't show any visible usage marks.
Posted By: BassCat'99

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/16/15 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Almost New In Box... "Broken In" means they shot it, they think they properly broke in the barrel, and becasue of their hard efforts and ammo used they can charge more bang
I've got a shotgun my Dad passed down, I could put it in a cardboard box and sell it as"ANIB" right?
Posted By: breadman

Re: ANIB on Gunbroker? - 05/17/15 12:14 AM

been a member of gunbroker for 15 years , seen it all . depends on the person selling the item , there idea of ANIB,LNIB, could be very far apart from yours . rule of thumb i use is NIB UNFIRED .
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum