Texas Hunting Forum

First AR lower build

Posted By: dlrz71

First AR lower build - 05/10/15 08:30 PM

I just got done building my first AR lower assembly. Still putting an upper together on paper and will be the next project. Parts include a Spikes Tactical Punisher lower receiver, Spikes LPK, BCM buffer kit and Magpul MOE CTR adjustable stock.

Posted By: OkieDokie

Re: First AR lower build - 05/10/15 08:42 PM

Looks good.you will find that uppers are easier and go together quicker.

Re: First AR lower build - 05/11/15 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: OkieDokie

Still debating on building individually or buying a complete upper. Looking really hard at a BCM complete assembly.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: First AR lower build - 05/11/15 10:48 PM

Looks good. Do yourself a favor and drop in a CMC trigger before you go any further. up
Posted By: PiePuncher

Re: First AR lower build - 05/12/15 12:45 PM

Looks great so far and I agree on the trigger. I have used timney triggers on my last few builds and they are much better than the gritty hard to pull triggers that come with the lpk's.
CMC would be a huge upgrade, then again, maybe you will like the trigger you have installed.
Good luck with the build and post the finished product when you are done

Re: First AR lower build - 05/13/15 01:36 AM

Thanks guys. For now I am going to focus on the upper and get a rifle built. I may after that upgrade the trigger.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: First AR lower build - 05/14/15 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
Originally Posted By: OkieDokie

Still debating on building individually or buying a complete upper. Looking really hard at a BCM complete assembly.

Build it individually. That way you will have exactly what you want, and you will have all the tools and know how to repair or upgrade it as needed.
Posted By: PiePuncher

Re: First AR lower build - 05/16/15 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: VAFish

Build it individually. That way you will have exactly what you want, and you will have all the tools and know how to repair or upgrade it as needed.

Dude, not sure how you did it but it took me a few builds to realize that I should take my time and get what I wanted. My fist build was build the lower, buy the complete upper then I gradually got to the point of just getting the parts I wanted.. I think there is a progression everyone goes through.
Eventually you have an idea of the perfect rifle and you build it.
Took me four years to get there. flag
If this is the first build, good luck and wish you the best. It is an addiction and you will get to the point where you want the drop in trigger, larue quad, vltor charging handle, nic boron bcg and so on.... Enjoy your build and wish you the best
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum