Texas Hunting Forum

Suppressor Waiting Times

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 01:43 PM

What's the shortest time you've heard? A co-worker claims his is being shipped to him only 25 days after submitting his trust and his order.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 01:50 PM

I ordered mine in January and no word yet, so 25 days seems really short.
Posted By: hdfireman

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 02:13 PM

I find that hard to believe, could happen but not the norm. Last I've heard was form 4's with a trust were 3-4 months.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 02:28 PM

On a form4 there is no way. Form1 eFiles aren't even coming back that fast anymore. I got a Form1 back and had a suppressor built from private party in 36 days, but I don't think you can buy from a dealer on a Form4 and get it back that fast. I think the wait right now for Form4's is around 4-5 months.
Posted By: MHsieh

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 02:29 PM

Ordered mine through Silencershop back on December 19 got my tax stamp in on April 27 so about 4 months for mine.
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 02:33 PM

90 days exactly. Received three weeks ago
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Varget 7-08
90 days exactly. Received three weeks ago

that right there is fair

that would put mine about a week out

up
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: hdfireman
I find that hard to believe, could happen but not the norm. Last I've heard was form 4's with a trust were 3-4 months.

^^^This is what the Slincer Shop guys told me once your Tax Stamp check is cashed. It took the ATF about three weeks to cash my last check. My expectation is four months from check cash...

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 03:26 PM

Thanks, guys. I didn't want to tell him I thought he was mistaken without checking, but it sure sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. I just ordered mine about two weeks after he did and was figuring on August before I could expect anything.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson

^^^This is what the Slincer Shop guys told me once your Tax Stamp check is cashed. It took the ATF about three weeks to cash my last check. My expectation is four months from check cash...

Not sure what it means, but the ATF cashed my check within 7 days of being mailed. Mailed on 4/21 and check hit my account on 4/28.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565

Not sure what it means, but the ATF cashed my check within 7 days of being mailed. Mailed on 4/21 and check hit my account on 4/28.

Good for you, it took the 3 weeks to cash mine. I don't know why. My expectation is 4 months from check cash date. I nor anyone will ever know why it took three weeks but that is what happened. This is a fact not a debate a fact.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565

Good for you, it took the 3 weeks to cash mine. I don't know why. My expectation is 4 months from check cash date. I nor anyone will ever know why it took three weeks but that is what happened. This is a fact not a debate a fact.

Not trying to debate facts. Just sharing how long it took my check to cash. I'm full expecting a 4 month wait from the date my check was cashed.
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 05:24 PM

I ordered mine through the silencer shop. ATF stamp check was cashed in 8 days. They claim 90 days is the average wait time but could be a week or 2 sooner or later.
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 05:56 PM

It could have happened while form 4 eforms were working , but no way now
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 05:57 PM

Last can was 3 months exactly for me, the one before that was 3 months 4 days. My check was cashed in 6 days by the ATF. I've been monitoring silencershops ATF wait times for form 4 trusts and they are kinda all over the place. They have not moved forward in the last two weeks or so. Occasionally the dates go backwards, which is weird. Last time those dates were pretty accurate with me getting my can the day they updated the website with my submission date. I keep thinking with a delay like this the numbers will be jumping quickly, especially since they don't process applications during the holidays. That could account for the delay in updating the days on their website. Also, it is a little weird to have over a month of submissions being received, usually it is around a two week span.

Here is the website, but I'm sure most already know about it.

http://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 06:49 PM

I was one of the very early users of eForms. My dealer didn't even know it was up or how to use it. I had to talk him though it. Even then it still took 3 months to get the Form 4 stamp back.
Is it possible to get it back in a month? Sure, it's possible. Maybe his somehow ended up higher in the stack. Maybe an ATF agent slides one to the front just to mess with people online in forums. But until he is holding that suppressor in hand and showing it to you, I wouldn't believe him.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 06:55 PM

We need an NFA forum.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/06/15 11:47 PM

My check was cashed 11/24 and I still am not approved. I don't really care but it's crazy hearing all these short times.
Posted By: huntandfish

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/07/15 02:29 AM

Things do happen sometimes, i see on nfa tracker some short times posted, but i think they screwed up on the info. My two local stores both said they are running about three months and silencer shop just told me three months when i ordered another yhm .30 titanium from them on Saturday. I think the atf lost your paperwork judd!
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/07/15 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Judd
My check was cashed 11/24 and I still am not approved. I don't really care but it's crazy hearing all these short times.

I'd call the ATF and ask for a status update if I were you.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/07/15 10:19 PM

I called last month and they said it was still processing. I figured I'd give them another couple weeks. One thing that strikes my curiosity is did y'all use your name as your trust names or something else? I shortened mine and it's also the first one I've done.

Just thought I'd ask looking for differences.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/08/15 12:03 AM

My cans are filed under the trust name, not my name. Otherwise they won't accept it.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/08/15 03:41 AM

Shortest I've ever had was an 18 day Form 1. Shortest Form 4 was 45ish days when efile was up an running.
Posted By: shumpertdavid

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/08/15 10:21 PM

I just ordered a can through Capital Armory today. They said expect 4 months, might see it in as little as 3. I'm hoping for September.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/13/15 02:57 PM

Not sure if anyone cares, but the times listed on the silencershop wait times are different if you use a mobile browser to view them. The mobile dates are more recent.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/13/15 03:14 PM

Just received notification that 2 suppressors were approved. One was an individual form 4 and approved in 5 months. The other was a trust form 4 and approved in 4 months. These times are submitted to approval.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/13/15 05:28 PM

I decided to call on Monday and found out mine was approved 4/9. Called the jail and he said yep, come get it.

So my check was cashed on 11/24 and approved 4/9.

I will say this was my first one and I was a little shocked when I went to pick it up and had to fill out a normal transfer form. WTH is the Form 4 all about if they didn't do any background information on me. I wasn't ticked off because as a CHL holder it isn't any big deal but it's just stupid it takes them 4 months to go through paperwork and not do any validation of trustees.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/13/15 06:19 PM

FFL's are required to do a 4473 on all firearm/NFA transfers to show to who the item went. There is a check box on it for NFA items and so they don't call NICS to do a background check. The approved form 4 is the background check

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/13/15 10:08 PM

Thanks for the explanation Eric...it was implied if I didn't have a CHL then a back ground call would've been made.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/13/15 10:28 PM

IIRC they do not have to call. There is a check box for NFA items. Maybe it is their policy to call.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/13/15 10:58 PM

I have bought two cans w/ a trust and had to fill out the paperwork both times when I went to pick it up. Both times NICS was used. Pretty sure that is standard practice since they aren't doing any kind of background check with the trust. Hell, there is minimal information on the trust so it would be nearly impossible to do so.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/14/15 01:54 PM

Yes, whoever picks up the item must do the background check, there was a change in the law not to long ago or there was some confusion as to doing the background checks. I read online there was some atf agents telling stores no background check was needed for trusts. My first two cans, i did not do a background check, this was within three years ago. My latest form 4 was sent on 5-4, check was cashed 5-12.
Posted By: bw94

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/16/15 03:47 AM

So does the wait start when u order it or when it has been accepted?
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/16/15 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bw94
So does the wait start when u order it or when it has been accepted?

If your dealer is waiting for a Form 3 to be approved...2-3 months. Once they receive the approved Form 3 they then can prepare and issue a Form 4. Now the wait begins...4-6 months.

The key is buy an item from a dealer who already has the item in stock on a Form 3.
Posted By: bw94

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/16/15 02:53 PM

I ordered from the silencer shop, it showed to be in stock

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 05/16/15 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: bw94
I ordered from the silencer shop, it showed to be in stock

Your wait time will be approx. 4-6 months from when you ordered...YMMV!

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/02/15 07:32 PM

I've been watching silencershop's wait times pretty much daily. It seems they have stalled, and even at times gone backwards for paper form 4's. I wonder why? Also, the dates are still different if using a mobile browser vs desktop.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/02/15 07:33 PM

it's the government..
enough said.

I spent the weekend hunting pigs with Dave the owner..
I tried my best not to bring up dealing with the ATF so he could unwind smile
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/02/15 07:36 PM

My last two were stamped in about 100 days.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/02/15 07:41 PM

Mine is shipping now, took four months.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/02/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ccoker
it's the government..
enough said.

I spent the weekend hunting pigs with Dave the owner..
I tried my best not to bring up dealing with the ATF so he could unwind smile

Oh I'm not blaming Silencershop, it was just interesting to see a stall in approvals when for the most part, it is a pretty consistent flow.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/02/15 07:56 PM

I didn't think you were..

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/02/15 07:59 PM

cheers

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/03/15 01:12 AM

Just had 2 Form 4s come back on 6/1; submitted (with trust) on 2/12.
Posted By: DHJenkins

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/03/15 01:54 AM

NFAtracker.com is showing around 4 months.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/03/15 04:26 PM

Buddy of mine got his back yesterday and the wait time was one week shy of 4 months.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/16/15 08:32 PM

Purchased 2 Omega's March 3 ... $'s accepted by ATF March 12.... I think 4 months is the right number based on the Silencer Shop tracking status.

Getting close!

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/16/15 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: DrifterAT
Purchased 2 Omega's March 3 ... $'s accepted by ATF March 12.... I think 4 months is the right number based on the Silencer Shop tracking status.

Getting close!

I purchased on the 5th, checks accepted on the 12th as well. It shall be a race.
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/16/15 09:05 PM

check cashed 3/31/15 approved form 4 on a MG yesterday
Posted By: Rob M

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 06/16/15 09:11 PM

Mine was almost 4 months to the day.
Posted By: shumpertdavid

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 09/29/15 04:34 PM

I got my Form 4 approval last week, it took just over 4 1\2 months

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 09/29/15 09:59 PM

Just got mine last week also, 130 days from when check was cashed.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 09/29/15 11:34 PM

Got my last one approved in 4 1/2 months. March 12- July 31.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 09/30/15 04:17 AM

Just got notice all mine are in. 5/5 to 9/29 (9/17 on one). Pick em up this weekend!
Posted By: fast88

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 09/30/15 10:50 AM

Mine was a week less than 4 months as well
Posted By: eneat1119

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 09/30/15 11:08 AM

Mine took 5 months. Ordered 2/24 and received 7/23.
Posted By: JTPinTX

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/06/15 12:43 PM

Just got the call on my Harvester yesterday.

Signed paperwork at dealer June 12.
Dealer called October 5.
Actual calendar days, 115.

(edited to correct dates, not ordered June 6, but June 12)
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/06/15 02:08 PM

JTPinTX, did you use a trust or individual? Those dates give me some hope that my harvester is right around the corner. My check was cashed June 29th on a trust.

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/06/15 03:45 PM

That was for a trust. Only way to go IMO. Because you can't just buy one, you know.

I am at 52 days on my Omega, hoping for mid-December on it.

Need to get another on order here pretty soon, to feed the addiction.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/06/15 04:24 PM

up Sweet. Hopefully I'll have mine is close to a month then. What are you putting that harvester on?

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/06/15 04:45 PM

Well, initially the Harvestor will get used wherever I need it, but primarily it will be used on my fast-twist 220 Swift coyote rifle. This deer season it will also get used on my little CZ-527 in 223 that my 7 year old daughter deer hunts with. That CZ has an adjustable stock, and the barrel has been cut to 18". The Harvestor will also be used on an 18" barreled Encore in 260 that is my night calling coyote rig.

The Omega that I am expecting in December will be used on my Jon Beanland built 6.5 creedmoor LR rig, until I can round up the money for a TB Ultra 7 or a 6.5 Barricade next spring. At which point the Omega will spend most of it's time on the 223.
Posted By: BWH_65

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/07/15 02:44 AM

Established my trust, bought the suppresor and paid for the tax stamp on June 2nd. Was notified that my check cashed on June 12th, so the wait was offial.
I received an email yesterday from silencer shop that I had been approved. Stamp was dated 9/27/15. So just shy of 4 months and just in time to get ready for some varmint hunting.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/07/15 03:02 AM

I am sitting at just under 4 months on my SBR Form 1. Electronically filed June 26th. Anyone know the current wait time average for electronically Form 1?
Posted By: toddjohnson

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/07/15 03:40 AM

I just got back an efile form one and it was right at 4 months.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/08/15 01:32 AM

Man that would be awesome.
Posted By: toddjohnson

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/08/15 01:38 AM

5/29 is when I submitted and got it back end of the month. Would have been a bit early but there was a mistake and had to redo the whole form 1. Sent the guy the control number and had it done in a day. Wasn't too bad

Re: Suppressor Waiting Times - 10/08/15 02:08 AM

I wish they would fast track additional stamps if there has been changes to your trust. I can understand the first stamp taking a while, but subsequent stamps should be reviewed and approved or denied in short order.

I know this is a pipe dream.

This fits perfectly into an old saying I've heard many times. Wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum