Texas Hunting Forum

Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report

Posted By: Big Fitz

Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report - 05/03/15 12:44 AM

I got some range time today on the Tikka 6.5 Creed build Chad arranged. Shooting factory Hornady Match 140 gr AMAX. I cleaned after each shot for the first 5 and then after 2-3 for the next few groups. I then took it progressively out to 800 yards. I had several misses at 700 but no problem at 800...no idea why.

- Bartlein barrel, 21" and #15 Hunter Class contour
- Manners MCS-T4 Stock
- Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50 G2 reticle
- Seekins rings
- Tikka stock trigger tuned

Posted By: J.G.

Re: Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report - 05/03/15 12:54 AM

Nice lookin piece of property there. And look at that shop under comstruction in the background! banana

Like I told you in the text. The rifle is shooting well. How you liking the Bushy? I have one on loan from Bushnell mounted on my 6.5 Creedmoor. I can't get over how clear the glass is. I spotted for a student with it a couple weeks ago and saw trace most of the day. The tracking test I performed showed the scope hold up pretty well.It did finally have an error at 4 Mils and 6 Mils if I recall. I havn't decided on the reticle but I really like how fine the center is out to .5 Mil
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report - 05/03/15 01:20 AM

How do you like the manners stock. Haven't shot my T4 yet or even really got behind it. So far it feels awkward. But I've never had anything like it before.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report - 05/03/15 02:05 AM

Yes JG, that is a good looking shop being built! cheers

I really like the scope and is the best I've used. I left it on 21x all day and it was incredibly clear. I did not even use the spotting scope when shooting the Tikka.

WP, I really like the stock so far but have little to compare it to.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report - 05/03/15 02:32 PM

cheers
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report - 05/04/15 12:35 AM

Very nice!! It looks good!
Posted By: janie

Re: Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor Build Range Report - 05/04/15 01:30 AM

That's some darn fine shooting and a sweet set up Tim. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum