Texas Hunting Forum

410 & 28ga ?

Posted By: colt45-90

410 & 28ga ? - 05/02/15 07:11 PM

have always been curious about the choke pattern's on the above mentioned shotguns. I recently acquired a very nice Italian made 28ga O/U, screw n chokes, came with 2 full & on 1 cly., with my 20's & 12's, most of my shooting is done with imp/cyl, & mod., thinking I should order such, but before I did I patterned the full & cyl, to my surprise the full choke is a very good pattern, don't think I could improve by using anything else, my ? is how does the .410 pattern with different chokes?
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: 410 & 28ga ? - 05/02/15 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
have always been curious about the choke pattern's on the above mentioned shotguns. I recently acquired a very nice Italian made 28ga O/U, screw n chokes, came with 2 full & on 1 cly., with my 20's & 12's, most of my shooting is done with imp/cyl, & mod., thinking I should order such, but before I did I patterned the full & cyl, to my surprise the full choke is a very good pattern, don't think I could improve by using anything else, my ? is how does the .410 pattern with different chokes?

So many minor differences differences in shells and barrels it would be difficult to answer. The 410 I used to shoot seemed to pattern a little tighter.

Good job patterning that 28. Too many people go off buying chokes and stuff without patterning.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: 410 & 28ga ? - 05/02/15 09:04 PM

I have always patterned my shotguns, sometimes its a surprise how they shoot
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum