Texas Hunting Forum

Tactical solutions tsar-300

Posted By: jhenderson

Tactical solutions tsar-300 - 04/07/15 03:18 AM

Anyone using one? Looks like it would be an ok set up but curious about them and haven't seen one in person yet.
Posted By: huntandfish

Re: Tactical solutions tsar-300 - 04/07/15 05:54 PM

I was thinking about one, but decided it seemed to heavy and at the time the sbr form 1 was taking only 25 days to go thru. Its very expensive for a upper also. Of course now the form ones are running 60 days plus. I should get my sbr stamp any time now finally.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Tactical solutions tsar-300 - 04/08/15 11:40 AM

Didn't look at the weight but most uppers I've been looking at are all in the $1k range anyways
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Tactical solutions tsar-300 - 04/08/15 12:56 PM

I guess I don't see the point of it. If you're going to have a permanently attached shroud to the barrel you get none of the benefits of an SBR, your barrel + shroud is still 16 inches. Now I guess if you were running suppressed I guess you'd see a little benefit since the suppressor goes inside the shroud, but if you already have a suppressor or are going through the trouble to get a suppressor spend the extra $200 and SBR the rifle. You'll be much happier in the long run and the money that you save from this upper will probably pay for the stamp.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum