Texas Hunting Forum

XLR Element Chassis

Posted By: Anton Chigurh

XLR Element Chassis - 03/15/15 03:21 PM

These caught my eye recently, anybody here tried one?

My initial thoughts are that aesthetically I prefer an MCS or MCM fiberglass stock, but the complete adjustability, modularity and relative bang for the buck on some of the chassis systems seems appealing.

How does the AR pistol grip compare to vertical grip on a tactical fiberglass stock?
Posted By: Cleric

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/15/15 07:23 PM

Heard really good things. Thinking about buying one but was trying to find one on sale
Posted By: GLC

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/15/15 08:12 PM

Have you considered a MDT Chassis?
Posted By: Cleric

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 12:47 AM

Those are a bit short. Therefore the bipod does not get out which impacts stability

From what I have read at least

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 01:02 AM

I like the looks of the xlr element the most of the chassis I've looked at I think. My main concern is the AR pistol grip, not sure if it provides the best hand position for me for a nice straight trigger pull.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 01:36 AM

I've seen a few of these and talked to some shooters about them. The first thing I noticed, and main issue for me would be the very short forend. The forend is very short, and with a bipod, it would feel front heavy and well balanced.
Posted By: GLC

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
Those are a bit short. Therefore the bipod does not get out which impacts stability

From what I have read at least

I haven't noticed it yet but have only shot it at 100 yards with a .189 3 shot group. Maybe stretched to longer distances stability may become an issue. I guess it is time to set up a date with Fireman at his range to check things out.
Posted By: dee

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 01:23 PM

The Element is said to have the same fore end length as a traditional stock but I have never seen one in person. I really like the xlr evolution but it's a big price increase.
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 01:23 PM

Had one for about 5 minutes........

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SingleShot85

And??
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 02:30 PM

I love my McRees Precision chassis. Might be worth checking them out.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 03:11 PM

I like the looks but that where it stops for me. I don't care for the grip when trying to place accurate shots, I like for my thumb to be resting on top of trigger finger so as not to put any torque on the rifle. My limited experience with these stocks and AR rifles while trying to shoot accurately was not good
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 03:12 PM

I don't have any experience with the chassis in question, but the MDT chassis is about as easy as it gets.
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: XLR Element Chassis - 03/16/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Anton Chigurh
Originally Posted By: SingleShot85

And??

dumped it as fast as I could... 2 things

1. (the most important) just didn't fit right for me, nothing about the stock made me feel like I was in complete control of the weapon.

2. too many pieces to bolt together

I will say tons of people like them and it did seem to be built out of good materials so its not like it was a crappy product I just hated it from the first second i shouldered it.

kt
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum