Texas Hunting Forum

It's a sad day

Posted By: BigPig

It's a sad day - 03/12/15 03:25 PM

Was practicing with my beloved P226, which has somewhere around 18,500 rounds down the pipe, and she is now going off for repair. My slide no longer stays locked back, probably because of the slide being worn down in that area.

But cheers to a like new pistol when she's fixed woot
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 03:38 PM

Never took down a Sig, but maybe it was just the slidestop worn out. But, it's probably better you've put the problem in a (hopefully) expert's hands. That way it should be ready to rock for another 18k. Think of it ad a rebirth and celebrate!
banana
Posted By: Precision_Shooter

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 04:04 PM

Should have bought a Glock... bolt
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 04:13 PM

rolleyes

Happens every time.

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Precision_Shooter
barf

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
Never took down a Sig, but maybe it was just the slidestop worn out. But, it's probably better you've put the problem in a (hopefully) expert's hands. That way it should be ready to rock for another 18k. Think of it ad a rebirth and celebrate!
banana

It's being well taken care of. I've got 31 more years, at this rate it will see almost 80,000
Posted By: janie

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 06:11 PM

Sig's can take alot of abuse and keep on rockin. Hopefully Vernon will see this and chime in.

His pistol IIRC had like 60K rounds thru it when it gave up the ghost.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Precision_Shooter

It's physically impossible for a glock to fail. Glocks are the chuck Norris of guns.
Posted By: o2bwest

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 09:10 PM

My 226 is my favorite pistol. A Sig is like a beautiful woman that feels so good in your hand. You know she will take good care of you and look good doing it. A Glock is like that fat girl that you know is going give it up and she feels fat and dirty in your hand. Yeah she's going to take care of you but she's fat and ugly and you don't want anybody to see you with her.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 09:14 PM

Glad it happened at the range and not the street
bolt
Posted By: SR025

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: o2bwest
My 226 is my favorite pistol. A Sig is like a beautiful woman that feels so good in your hand. You know she will take good care of you and look good doing it. A Glock is like that fat girl that you know is going give it up and she feels fat and dirty in your hand. Yeah she's going to take care of you but she's fat and ugly and you don't want anybody to see you with her.

lol35

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 09:24 PM

Truer words have never been spoken flehan

Re: It's a sad day - 03/12/15 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Gravytrain
Glad it happened at the range and not the street
bolt

Luckily it wouldn't have affected the shooting operations, I only noticed I while doing a function check with empty mags. With the slide locked back when I slammed the empty or full mag, did matter, the slide would automatically slam forward. It was then notes that the lever was barely holding the slide and a good bump or shake would cause it to release
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: It's a sad day - 03/13/15 07:21 AM

Never understand why people think Glocks are ugly. I think they look good! I'd compare them to a rebound ex-stripper girlfriend that you don't dare take home to Momma. That's where the 1911 comes in. Those you can show her. roflmao
Posted By: patriot07

Re: It's a sad day - 03/13/15 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
Never understand why people think Glocks are ugly. I think they look good! I'd compare them to a rebound ex-stripper girlfriend that you don't dare take home to Momma. That's where the 1911 comes in. Those you can show her. roflmao
That's a funny comparison.

My dislike of Glocks has nothing to do with the looks. It has more to do with bad ergonomics and a bad trigger. I much prefer XD pistols or Sigs. But that may be as much about personal preference on those two factors as anything else.
Posted By: Western

Re: It's a sad day - 03/13/15 12:13 PM

Did you send it in to Sig? I have sent mine to Sig once, came back good, or better than new! It had fallen out of my holster climbing a latter and landed one the hammer jamming the slide. cost about a hunerd bucks all told. came back with all new springs and polished up
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: It's a sad day - 03/13/15 12:19 PM

Greatness.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: It's a sad day - 03/13/15 03:19 PM

We call those mopeds. Fun as heck to ride, just don't wanna get caught on it. Lol
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum