Texas Hunting Forum

Ruger American Predator

Posted By: kagomez85

Ruger American Predator - 02/22/15 10:15 PM

Thinking about buying one in .243 I have been looking for a heavier barrel rifle in that caliber and ran across the predator, any reviews or other recommendations?
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Ruger American Predator - 02/22/15 10:22 PM

I am thinking about getting the same one in .308......just because I can! Same gun as the plain American with little heavier barrel and pic rail on top. We can't keep them in stock around my area. Every time Cabela's gets one in, I go to the store to buy it an it is already gone.
Posted By: Drew in Tejas

Re: Ruger American Predator - 02/23/15 12:46 AM

I have one in 243 but have not shot it yet. I have a non predator in 22 250 that I have shot and it shoots sub moa. Nice little rifles (crappy stocks).
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Ruger American Predator - 02/23/15 12:51 AM

They're on GB for $399, probably going to pick one up soon. I had the American Compact in 7mm08 and really liked it.
Posted By: kagomez85

Re: Ruger American Predator - 02/23/15 01:03 AM

Seems like a pretty good buy...would like to know a little more about how they are on the range.
Posted By: texaspatriot.308

Re: Ruger American Predator - 02/23/15 01:43 AM

Ruger American, Remington 710-770, Savage Axis.....I can tell you you get what you pay for, these are bottom of the line bargain guns, I know for a fact the Remingtons are dodo....I love Rugers, got several M77s and No. 1s and they are all great guns but got a fair price on them, don't know about the Axis but know Savage makes some great firearms, the cheapo Stevens 200 is a great example. if you want a good rifle....pay some good money...but the Remingtons are trash.
Posted By: Tundra Trapper

Re: Ruger American Predator - 02/23/15 04:53 AM

Can't say anything about the rifle but a 243 is a great varmint round. Raised my kids on a 243 and have shot from fox to wolves with hand loads. It doesn't blow them apart like some other acclaimed varmint rounds. My kids took several caribou, black bear and one moose with the 243 before they moved up the caliber ladder. The grand-kids are all starting with the 243.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Ruger American Predator - 02/23/15 03:20 PM

I don't like the Americans. We have a Howa with a Hogue stock here in the shop with a bull barrel that is way way sexier than any of the americans IMO. but I'm not huge on blued steel and walnut necessarily.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum