Texas Hunting Forum

Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today.

Posted By: huntandfish

Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/19/15 08:06 PM

My friend and i played around with some 194 grain maximum expansion ammo by lehigh defense a few days ago. They where shot out of his 8.5" barrelled ar-15 moving about 1000 fps. Shots where placed at eighty yards into water jugs. Expanded bullet was a hair over 1" expansion using calipers. Target was at eighty yards also. He built the blackout with a noveske barrel on his frankengun. Im ten days into my form 1 sbr efile, already got my lower engraved by ident markings, which took a whole three days, as it was shipped to them. Ident did a nice job on the engraving job. Im ready to try a few of these subs out on a few hogs. On one of my deer stands, i have two feeders placed eighty yards on each side of it. Im thinking this will be perfect for sub sonic hunting. Im thinking subsonic hunting will be about like bowhunting, as the petals on the bullet are very sharp.
Anybody else try out the lehigh sub bullets on game?

Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/19/15 08:19 PM

I'll be curious to hear how those perform on some pigs.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/19/15 08:54 PM

Interesting concept. The penetration, or lack there off may be an issue.

Yal shoot anything other than milk jugs? Phone book, dirt embankment? etc.
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/19/15 09:18 PM

Do they sell just the bullet?

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/19/15 10:52 PM

Just water jugs red chevy and yes they do offer just the bullets Varget 7-08. They actually Have a little plunger in the nose that helps initiate expansion.

http://www.lehighdefense.com

http://www.lehighdefense.com/pages/resouces
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/19/15 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Interesting concept. The penetration, or lack there off may be an issue.

Yal shoot anything other than milk jugs? Phone book, dirt embankment? etc.

That is what I was thinking. I've been shooting the silencerco subs they just came out with. I haven't gotten to shoot any animals yet but put one in the trunk of a tree so far I couldn't see it anymore. Oh they also shoot sub MOA and super quiet, which is pretty awesome.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/20/15 01:10 AM

A 80 yards most of your shots would be ear hole, so expansion/penetration won't matter too much.

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/20/15 01:53 AM

Ive seen online where they are getting 17-19" penetration in calibrated 10% gelatin. So im thinking rib shots will do fine As long as you stay away from the shoulder.

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/20/15 01:54 AM

Ive seen online where they are getting 17-19" penetration in calibrated 10% gelatin. So im thinking rib shots will do fine As long as you stay away from the shoulder. Next year i will do some doe culling with these if it works good with hogs.

Re: Played around with lehigh max expansion subs today. - 02/21/15 01:23 AM

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9447508/1
Cant beat that report on the maximum expansion lehigh rounds!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum