Texas Hunting Forum

Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video

Posted By: CharlieCTx

Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/17/15 09:01 PM

I read a story in the last couple of days about Silencerco (I think was them...) has started some program to help reduce the time/effort needed to get a suppressor. While poking around I also came across a video on YouTube of a kit for making a "solvent trap" out of a Maglight tube. Any comments?

Also saw this video which gives the perspective of a suppressed shot sound from both the hunter and the target. Interesting it sounds louder down range vs what you hear firing. I thought it was interesting...

Charlie

Posted By: leswad

Re: Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/17/15 09:31 PM

Cool video!
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/17/15 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
While poking around I also came across a video on YouTube of a kit for making a "solvent trap" out of a Maglight tube. Any comments?Charlie

Great way to have a long term visit in prison.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/17/15 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Varget 7-08
Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx
While poking around I also came across a video on YouTube of a kit for making a "solvent trap" out of a Maglight tube. Any comments?Charlie

Great way to have a long term visit in prison.
i saw a video earlier of some kids who built a suppressor out of a bottle and some foil and paper towel tubes. It actually worked, I hope they didn't end up in jail because of it. Stupid.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/18/15 12:38 AM

Did the credits not list gemtech suppressors and others?
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/18/15 04:08 AM

Better do a Form 1 before you attempt to build a suppressor.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/18/15 04:13 AM

That video isn't exactly an accurate representation of anything. Unfortunately it is really hard to accurately capture sound without professional equipment. While it is interesting, until you hear a few guns fired with suppressors, with subs, and supers, it is really hard to describe what it sounds like. As for making a suppressor, bad idea period, unless you do it through the proper channels. The law doesn't take that one lightly.
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Flashlight suppressor and suppressor sound video - 02/18/15 01:35 PM

Nothing wrong with using a Form 1 to build your own from scratch but the solvent traps are skirting the lines of selling suppressor parts and the freeze plugs work somewhat ('80 tech M baffles) but not nearly as quiet as some simple cones on a lathe.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum