Texas Hunting Forum

New Beretta Pico

Posted By: TexasVine

New Beretta Pico - 02/15/15 03:33 AM

I recently purchased the Beretta Pico and got a chance to shoot it for the first time today.

The Pico is fired by a conventional hammer instead of a striker, has restrike capability and does not have a magazine-disconnect safety. The slide remains open upon last shot round and the mag release is ambidextrous. The double action trigger pull is long and heavy (apron 9 lbs).

The sights are removable for interchange. The Pico comes with two mags, one flat and one with an extension pad. Another cool feature is barrel swap takes it from a 380 ACP to 32 ACP. Frame can be interchanged for color swap.

I shot 40 rounds of both Remington Golden Saber 102 grain brass jacketed hollow point and Speer Gold Dot 90 grain hollow point. I had only one FTE, most likely my hold on the pistol was light. All other rounds had no issues. My group could have been tighter, it was the shooter not the gun. I need to get used to the longer trigger pull. Felt recoil seems lighter than other 380's.

Beretta Pico Dimensions
Overall Length : 5.1 in/ 130 mm
Barrel Length : 2.7 in/ 70 mm
Overall Width : .725 in / 18 mm
Grip Width : .725 in / 18 mm
Overall Height : 4.0 in/ 100 mm
Sight Radius : 3.3 in/ 84 mm
WEIGHT: 11.5 oz. incl. empty magazine

Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: New Beretta Pico - 02/15/15 02:55 PM

Any experience with the Beretta Nano? Im drawn towards these Beretta carry guns. They appear to be well made and well thought out.
Posted By: Skip

Re: New Beretta Pico - 02/15/15 03:01 PM

I'm impressed
Posted By: TexasVine

Re: New Beretta Pico - 02/15/15 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
Any experience with the Beretta Nano? Im drawn towards these Beretta carry guns. They appear to be well made and well thought out.

No, have yet to shoot the Nano.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New Beretta Pico - 02/15/15 08:53 PM

Both are great little guns, thanks for your report on the Pico. I too am looking for a tiny shooter.

Let me know if you need some targets, you have just shown me a new, low cost, target,,,,,cardboard and a drop of oil....... Genius
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum