Texas Hunting Forum

What suppressor?

Posted By: Growin Wild Outdoors

What suppressor? - 02/10/15 12:34 AM

I've been thinking about getting a can lately and It will likely be the only one I ever own so I'm wanting one that will do it all from my .308 to my AR I have read that I can get a 30 caliber can and it would be fine for my AR as well does anyone have some insight on this or recommendations on what exact model to get
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 12:51 AM

Saker 7.62
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 12:54 AM

Tops would be a Crux 30 cal.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 01:57 AM

what he said ^
I have two with two more coming
Posted By: Anton Chigurh

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 02:03 AM

I'm interested in this recommendation also. Which Crux would you recommend for all around use, bolt gun and semi?

Edit: I see they have caliber recommendations for each on their website. You going with the brake attach version Charles?
Posted By: Tye

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 02:11 AM

With the new ones coming out this year, I would look at the Omega or Dead Air...I already have a Gemtech Sandstorm in jail right now
Posted By: ccoker

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 02:16 AM

I have the PMS Nemesis30 and a direct thread Archangel
I have another PMS Nemesis30 and a PMS ARK30 coming

the big one is definitely quieter..

There is no accuracy loss whatsoever with the PMS and it's more versatile..
I have the "direct thread" mounts as well as the Templar Flash hider mount and the mount that goes behind a flash hider, and I have the JEC brake/mount and the Templar brake/mount.
Posted By: P & Y

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 02:52 AM

What makes the crux suppressors so nice? Are they quieter or noticed better accuracy out of them?
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 03:02 AM

Not as well known, but I really like Innovative Arms.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 04:23 AM

If I were buying today, I'd likely go SilencerCo Omega for a one can does all. It can do quick detach mounts for guns like ARs and it can do direct thread for guns like bolt actions. You can do QD mounts for bolt actions, but I prefer a direct thread on those.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Toxarch
If I were buying today, I'd likely go SilencerCo Omega for a one can does all. It can do quick detach mounts for guns like ARs and it can do direct thread for guns like bolt actions. You can do QD mounts for bolt actions, but I prefer a direct thread on those.

This! I wish they were selling this one a few years ago when I bought mine.
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: What suppressor? - 02/10/15 02:59 PM

I just ordered an Omega and already have a Saker waiting for the stamp. The Omega is probably one of the best ones out right now. Only downside is the mounting system isn't quite a good as the Saker but it does also come with a thread mount too. It's a good bit cheaper than the Saker when you consider the mounts and whatnot.
Posted By: Tactical Hog Control - CO

Re: What suppressor? - 02/13/15 02:57 AM

I agree on the Omega! And, if you (or anyone on your trust) are LE, Fire Dept., Volunteer Fire Dept, Military, TDC, etc, SilencerCo has a huge new discount program for public servants....the SPEQ program. We can't advertise the pricing but if you send qualifying credentials to speq@cottonwoodarmory, we'll send a price list.
Posted By: crawdaddy

Re: What suppressor? - 02/13/15 03:40 PM

Clark @ Tactical Hog Control/Cottonwood Armory knows what he's talking about. They've probably put more rounds down range (and into hogs!) through suppressors than anyone. I gotta get by to see him and pick up my new Silencerco Harvester and Sparrows.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What suppressor? - 02/13/15 05:06 PM

The Omega has caught my eye. I was looking at the Harvester 30, but I only want to buy 1 stamp so I think the Omega fits that bill
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: What suppressor? - 02/13/15 08:50 PM

I'm waiting on a saker 762. Cause it was one of the few 30 cal cans that can handle a ultramag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum