Texas Hunting Forum

Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else

Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 01:43 AM

[img:center][/img]

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 01:54 AM

Cabelas had it on clearance and I had gift cards

Model – 700 SPS Tactical 300 Blackout
Caliber – 300 AAC Blackout
Mag. Capacity – 5
BBL Length – 16.5 inches
Barrel Type – Carbon Steel
Sights – None (Drilled and Tapped for Scope Mount)
Rifling Twist – 1 Turn in 7 Inches
Receiver Finish – Matte Blue
Overall Length – 35.75 inches
Length of Pull – 13.375 inches
Stock Material – Synthetic
Stock Finish – Overmolded Ghillie Green
Avg. Weight – 7 Pounds

Added an inexpensive Nikon P-300BLK 2-7x32 BDC.
Posted By: ckat

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:23 AM

Nice. I went to Cabela's to pick up one of their 300BLK Ranch rifles that they had advertised in their latest sale flyer. They only had ONE nation wide... in Alaska. The gun counter manager said that a "store transfer" for that one was not an option. I'll keep looking.

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:26 AM

Exactly. I have checked with every gun shop with in 300 miles and no one has one. Ruger just isn't cranking them out fast enough. i was looming at 2 months plus waiting time.
an academy in Louisiana has one but they no longer do store to store transfers on guns

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:28 AM

looking
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: ETexas Hunter
Exactly. I have checked with every gun shop with in 300 miles and no one has one. Ruger just isn't cranking them out fast enough. i was looming at 2 months plus waiting time.
an academy in Louisiana has one but they no longer do store to store transfers on guns

Road Trip

If they would hold it for you

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:38 AM

Im happy with it. I really like the stock

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1

Road Trip

If they would hold it for you

In my diesel it just wouldn't be worth it from Austin. i just noticed my location said FW, i recently moved
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:41 AM

Just kidding with the roadtrip

Let us know how she shoots when you get the chance.

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:48 AM

Im headed to the range tomorrow. will do. I appreciate comments and conversations about it.
anyone have range recommendations around Austin? just moved back here recently
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:59 AM

That's cool!

Got a Timney ordered yet?

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 03:04 AM

its on the list. i really want ton tonexperience one of your courses this is a fun gun that i got because i have the gift cards, and the suppressor id really like to have a day of shooting w an instructor

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 03:10 AM

Im headed to the range tomorrow. will do. I appreciate comments and conversations about it.
anyone have range recommendations around Austin? just moved back here recently

what are your thoughts on the rifle in general... Im running a saker
yes i know i need a drop in trigger. its just a matter of money and time
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 03:14 AM

up

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
That's cool!

I only ask because I do want your opinion

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 03:36 AM

That's cool!

its not a terrible rig
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 03:52 AM

That's cool!

I only ask because I do want your opinion

For me, that's job one with any Remington bolt action. With all the stories of accidental discharges, and recalls I think the best thing to do is immediately scrap the factory trigger and put a Timney in its' place. That's what I did on the one Rem 700 action I have. I safely adjusted it down to the minimum and have not had a single problem. And it has no creep to boot.
Posted By: Bradgrace

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: ckat
Nice. I went to Cabela's to pick up one of their 300BLK Ranch rifles that they had advertised in their latest sale flyer. They only had ONE nation wide... in Alaska. The gun counter manager said that a "store transfer" for that one was not an option. I'll keep looking.

That ticks me off they run it on sale and they don't even have any I called cabelas the other day and got told they had none. How do you run them on sale when there are none?
Posted By: chalet

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: ckat

Store transfer isn't an option. But, you can call Cabela's Alaska, purchase it over the phone and they will ship to your FFl for $50. They don't charge sales tax either. I picked up one of the last 7x57 Cabelas Model 70's in the nation that way when they clearance'd them out.

Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 03:51 PM

I pretty much have the same rig.
I like setting in a treestand and popping pigs in the head with subs.
The gun wont even move when I shoot. I can watch pigs drop in the scope.
And yes it is a fun gun. I tend to shoot it as much as a .22.
Mine is due back from trigger recall on Wednesday. I considered a Timney, but I decided to see how the trigger recall works out.
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/08/15 09:05 PM

I had one it was super quiet with subs and that scope works fairly well.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 12:34 AM

Great Choice, Looks cool...

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 12:37 AM

Just got back from the range. I'm very happy with the results
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 12:54 AM

Congrats on the new rifle. Which range did you pick?

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 01:31 AM

I went out to eagle ridge outside of Austin. I need to update my profile as I recently moved.

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 01:33 AM

Eagle Peak, sorry

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 03:22 AM

Eagle peak.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 03:55 PM

Just Curious.. Looked at the bullets for the first time the other day.. funny lookin little things. How do they shoot? Can't imagine much recoil/noise. Are they accurate? Looks like a great caliber for an AR type rig. Is there any difference in the AAC, BLK, or any others? Im just kind of intrigued by this little bullet!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Couldn't find the Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk. So I got something else - 02/09/15 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
Just Curious.. Looked at the bullets for the first time the other day.. funny lookin little things. How do they shoot? Can't imagine much recoil/noise. Are they accurate? Looks like a great caliber for an AR type rig. Is there any difference in the AAC, BLK, or any others? Im just kind of intrigued by this little bullet!

Silencerco has put out some sub moa, subsonic loads for the .300 blk. I have an AR 300blk and love it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum