Texas Hunting Forum

NP3 coating for bolt guns?

Posted By: BigPig

NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 07:06 PM

I had an AR that had the NP3 coating on the bolt and the inside of the upper, it was very smooth and I like it. Is it possible to do the bolt and inside the action of a bolt gun? My Savage is smooth, but it ain't smoooooooth.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 08:44 PM

Savage are ugly

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 08:51 PM

Shut IT! Mines beautiful, and she may be reading this. I don't need her feelings hurt
Posted By: SR025

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 10:04 PM

Shoulda got a Tikka

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SR025
Shoulda got a Tikka

That's a ridiculous idea
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 10:35 PM

Shoulda got a Tikka
X2 silky smooth actions from the factory. Will be my next purchase after my reloading setup.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 11:03 PM

Savages sure ARE ugly, but hey it's not a beauty contest. Savages just flat out shoot. The nicer ones anyway. Can't say much for the cheap o's, and even some of those are probably shooters too.

That being said, I'd still rather play with a Tikka. Can y'all imagine if the aftermarket were as available as the 700 is? Pfshhhhhh! No contest. I hope my lil 700 didn't hear me either peep
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/02/15 11:55 PM

Should work on entire surface.....I think...... scratch

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Shoulda got a Tikka
X2 silky smooth actions from the factory. Will be my next purchase after my reloading setup.

Anything that loose should be smooth peep
Posted By: J.G.

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Shoulda got a Tikka

Are you freakin serious? I've got thousands of rounds through Savages, and still own two. Revamping my customs I have switched over to Tikka actions. Savages are sloppy, Tikkas have "clearance".

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Shoulda got a Tikka

Are you freakin serious? I've got thousands of rounds through Savages, and still own two. Revamping my customs I have switched over to Tikka actions. Savages are sloppy, Tikkas have "clearance".

No JG,,, it's just a rivalry... Kind of like my Ford will kick your Dodge's rear bumper
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 05:01 AM

NP3 on Bolt and raceways work.

Robar http://robarguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Robar-Price-list-January-29-2014.pdf
Posted By: tth_40

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 08:30 AM

Shoulda got a Tikka

This. 'Zactly.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 10:39 AM

I had an AR that had the NP3 coating on the bolt and the inside of the upper, it was very smooth and I like it. Is it possible to do the bolt and inside the action of a bolt gun? My Savage is smooth, but it ain't smoooooooth.

YES
Posted By: J.G.

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 12:50 PM

Now you have me worried about you. If you need me to pick you up and take you to counseling I will do it.

Re: NP3 coating for bolt guns? - 02/03/15 04:06 PM

Now you have me worried about you. If you need me to pick you up and take you to counseling I will do it.

confused2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum