Texas Hunting Forum

ATF Stamp Per Silencer???

Posted By: Gone to Texas

ATF Stamp Per Silencer??? - 01/28/15 06:06 PM

Well, I thought you just needed to buy 1 ATF stamp and all was said and done. I found out today that you have to buy 1 stamp for EACH suppressor. Enjoy the $400 I sent your way Uncle Sam... bang
Posted By: BCJ

Re: ATF Stamp Per Silencer??? - 01/28/15 06:49 PM

Yup, it's a $200 stamp per toy every time you buy(AOW is $5). I'd have a lot more stuff if it was a 1 time $200 fee....

I've spent a lot of money on stamps when I see a few scrap pieces of round bar or tubing that would make a good suppressor.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: ATF Stamp Per Silencer??? - 01/28/15 09:59 PM

Yeah, it sucks. I've sent a lot of money to the ATF for stamps. All that extra money would be better spent buying more toys for me.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: ATF Stamp Per Silencer??? - 01/29/15 01:43 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't mind paying the tax stamp but I should be able to leave with my item on the spot for 200 bucks. Shouldn't have to wait months to get something for that price.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: ATF Stamp Per Silencer??? - 01/29/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't mind paying the tax stamp but I should be able to leave with my item on the spot for 200 bucks. Shouldn't have to wait months to get something for that price.

Agree 100%
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: ATF Stamp Per Silencer??? - 01/29/15 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: ATF Stamp Per Silencer??? - 01/29/15 05:20 PM

It cringes to make me say it, but I wish there were "rush" companies like for passports. Pay a premium and get it the next day. I would pay even a bit more if the process was expedited.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum