Texas Hunting Forum

police trade in advice

Posted By: lubbockdave

police trade in advice - 01/28/15 12:27 AM

would you buy one in the first place and if you would, then would you buy one on-line without being able to see the exact gun you would be getting?
Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe

Re: police trade in advice - 01/28/15 12:49 AM

I would not rule out buying one because it was LEO trade in. The rest would be determined on price and the rep of the online dealer, their return policy, etc. If it's favorable, then I would have no problem with it.
Posted By: Megtwo

Re: police trade in advice - 01/28/15 12:58 AM

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a LEO trade-in if the price was right. Carried alot, shot a little. Usually only fired for yearly qualifications and a practice round preceding that. Most departments will have the weapons inspected yearly by an armorer. You can probably expect finish wear but great internals. You may have the occasional LEO that shoots his weapon all the time to maintain his proficiency beyond departmental requirements and there is always the other end of the spectrum where the weapon is abused and not taken care of. But for the most part, an excellent purchase choice.....
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: police trade in advice - 01/31/15 12:44 AM

I was a cop for years. Everyone treats their gun differently and some have no respect for the gun that their life depends on. I don't buy a gun that I can't inspect first!!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: police trade in advice - 01/31/15 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Megtwo
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a LEO trade-in if the price was right. Carried alot, shot a little. Usually only fired for yearly qualifications and a practice round preceding that. Most departments will have the weapons inspected yearly by an armorer. You can probably expect finish wear but great internals. You may have the occasional LEO that shoots his weapon all the time to maintain his proficiency beyond departmental requirements and there is always the other end of the spectrum where the weapon is abused and not taken care of. But for the most part, an excellent purchase choice.....

This, I bought a S&W M-60 3", It was very accurate and tight, again, one of those never should have sold , it was a Tucson, Dept. of corrections turn in. Bought it from Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas $339.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum