Texas Hunting Forum

Palmetto State Armory rant

Posted By: SapperTitan

Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 06:52 PM

Ive heard a lot of good things about their products but it seems their shipping time and ability to include a complete order is lacking with many people including myself.

I ordered a stripped lower and a lower parts kit both in stock. took 3 weeks to get stripped lower and another week in a half before I got my parts kit. Once I opened the parts kit I realized it was missing the screw and washer for the hand grip and the small set screw for the magpul trigger guard.

Anyone else on here had any issues with them? Im not sure ill be doing much more business with them but that will depend on if they make this right in a timely matter by sending me the missing pieces.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 06:54 PM

Guess I got lucky, have had no problems. May be that pesky inspector #13 was asleep when your order was processed.
Posted By: Western

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 06:56 PM

Not an issue like yours, but I did order a Patrol optic from them as a Christmas gift for my son, never got anything other than the email receipt. After 2 weeks, I sent an email asking WTF, next day it arrived. The reciept email said they would keep the status "updated" on the order, including when it shipped, never did.

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 07:03 PM

I checked their site every day and it just kept saying processing order. When I called them on like Jan 10th they were processing orders from december 20th or something like that. Seems like maybe they need to expand their QAQC and hire a few more people to process orders.
Posted By: bside

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 07:06 PM

Buying from PSA is basically playing the lottery. I haven't had any issues personally, but there's a definite pattern.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 07:09 PM

I ordered an upper about a year ago and after 6 weeks they hadn't done anything so I canceled the order. I wouldn't buy anything there again. Same with Buds I ordered a rifle and they took over three weeks to ship it. got it just in time to sight in friday and use saturday at the hunter shooting contest.
Posted By: rentzington

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 07:13 PM

i never had issues with them but i've heard a lot of complaints, and right now they admit the shipping is going to be a few weeks.
they keep having killer deals on the sigP938/238 but i'm so hesitant to order because its PSA

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 07:20 PM

Ive heard no complaints about quality of product its all in the shipping and human error in shipping correct items.
Posted By: rentzington

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Ive heard no complaints about quality of product its all in the shipping and human error in shipping correct items.

yeah, anything i ever bought had all the correct items. no issues there, i'd just send them an email or call

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 08:30 PM

I emailed them because that last 2 times I called I waited for over 45 min
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 08:36 PM

I bought a complete upper from them, took 4 weeks to get in. I do not know if thats normal for other suppliers because that was the only time I ordered a complete upper.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 10:56 PM

Anyone else on here had any issues with them? Im not sure ill be doing much more business with them but that will depend on if they make this right in a timely matter by sending me the missing pieces.

"Timely" and Palmetto State Armory don't even belong in the same thread!!!!

I ordered from them once. NEVER again!!! LOL! roflmao
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 11:13 PM

I've only ordered ammo from them. They and a great price and free shipping on $100 orders. It shipped in a timely-enough manner. You guys make me wary of ordering anything else from them.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/25/15 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB

"Timely" and Palmetto State Armory don't even belong in the same thread!!!!

I ordered from them once. NEVER again!!! LOL! roflmao

Same. They have some good prices on stuff, but to me it isn't worth the hassle to save a little money. It's like shopping on Black Friday. Not worth it to me where to others it might be worth it to save a few bucks. I'd rather buy from Rainier or Joeboboutfitters and have my order in 2-3 days from time of order. Joeboboutfitters is really fast and normally best price on the web.
Posted By: Earl

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 12:27 AM

I have and will continue to do business with them. You just have to be patient....I made 2 orders around Christmas...a Colt/Walther M4 .22 and several boxes of the AE XM193 they were selling. Weird thing is the rifle arrived at my FFL within a week. The ammo (along with a few other things I ordered) only arrived about a week ago. But I did get everything as ordered. They just always are slow on shipping - due to their prices I imagine it's hard to keep up but my experience has always been I do get what I order and for a price no one else matches. I will continue to do business with them...you think they are slow, you should order from SAMCO sometime...now they are SLOW. smile
Posted By: bjones2571

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 12:39 AM

Good, cheap and fast...pick two. To me the savings are worth it. I go into it with the thought that I will order and then forget about it until it arrives. But then again, I hate paying retail so I'm okay with the delay to get the lowered price. And I've been very happy with the quality of the parts I've ordered. Perhaps with the current state of the black rifle market, with prices down because of excess supply, I'd look elsewhere, but I also wouldn't have any issue ordering from PSA again.
Posted By: bjones2571

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 12:50 AM

Also, they do say that it will be X number of BUSINESS days before they ship. So if you purchase, you are forewarned. The missing parts issue is frustrating, but I've found that emails or raising a stink in their industry forum on ARFCOM gets it resolved.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 12:55 AM

Have you looked inside the grip cavity to make sure the parts aren't there? Not calling you an idiot or anything but that happened to me once. I have ordered quite a b from them in the last 4 years or so and have my first complaint. I ordered a folding stock for my 10/22 SBR and they didn't tell me it was out of stock, non-backorder, for a month. bang

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 01:00 AM

First thing I did was look in the grip but nothing and the trigger guard and roll pin were in their own little bag but no set screw anywhere.

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 01:04 AM

Also I'm not bashing PSA. Prices were great and product is quality. Just wish I got all my parts.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 02:52 AM

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 03:00 AM

Randy why didn't you post that before I bought from them so I knew what to expect? LOL.

In all seriousness I would prob buy from them again but only if they send me my missing pieces.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 03:12 AM

Ordered a couple things from them and then tried to order a pistol. Their website was screwed up so chose another FFL than normal because it wouldn't let me select another. After several phone calls/emails I finally get someone on the phone. They still shipped to wrong FFL - TWICE after the pistol was returned to them. Trying to get them on the phone is near impossible. Buddy of mine had a similar issue with the website and a delayed order so I am done with that place no matter what the price. If they are getting that much business they need to fix their FFL selection on the website and hire people to answer the phones.

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 03:15 AM

That's another thing I didn't mention is it didn't give me an option to choose an FFL at checkout. I had to email them who I wanted to use as my FFL. Guy told me there was some glitch in the system or something IDK. They did deliver to the right FFL though.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 04:53 AM

Time to spare, PSA is fine. In a Hurry, try some place else. Brownell's has been fast to ship, even through the holidays.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: RWH24
Time to spare, PSA is fine. In a Hurry, try some place else. Brownell's has been fast to ship, even through the holidays.

That's because you pay $47 to ship a pistol spring.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 05:56 AM

PSA is good prices but like mentioned, their shipping time is HORRIBLE. You can contact them by e-mail for customer service, but half the time you hear nothing for a week or two. One person gets the e-mail and they forward it to someone else. They don't tell you that it's been forwarded. And it's at the next person's leisure to read it and respond. So don't expect a response quickly. If you do a couple of followup e-mails, then you will be told it's been forwarded to someone else. And when you get a response, SAVE that e-mail address so you can e-mail that person directly and skip the e-mail operator that does the forwarding.

I've bought several things on there mostly because they have good sale prices on stuff. One time, I did order a progressive loader and it never showed up. E-mailed, waited, e-mailed again, waited, called, finally talked to someone about it and their warehouse ran out which they claim never happens on stuff their site shows as in stock. They said they wold look into it and e-mail me. They offered some other cheaper loader and I declined and asked for a refund. Didn't hear back. Then it shows back up on their site so I ask them to ship my order since it's available. Couple of weeks with a couple of more e-mails and nothing. Then I get an e-mail saying the guy had been on vacation and had issued the refund before the trip. I check the CC and the refund was there.
Posted By: toolman

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 01/26/15 07:02 AM

I deal with them quite a bit and my biggest issue, besides the wait time, is that on gun or lower orders, they keep trying to ship them to my shop. That wouldn't be a problem, except for the big security gate out front which keeps UPS from being able to enter the property. If the UPS guy doesn't call or text me, or I've got the mill or lathe running and don't hear the phone, I'm screwed unless I can chase him down somewhere. I've asked them time and again to send them to my home address, but they keep shipping to the address on my FFL, even though my home is listed as an authorized storage facility by ATF.
Posted By: Modern Gunner

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 02/12/15 02:18 AM

I've ordered from them before without any "real" issue. I had an optic that I ordered from them take what seemed like forever and a day. It was only because it was when they were moving their shop.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 02/13/15 08:40 AM

It is common knowledge that PSA has great product at great prices and it is also common knowledge that their shipping times are very slow.
Posted By: southern_fowler

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 02/13/15 03:19 PM

never had a issue with PSA I ordered 2k rounds of 22 on Wednesday and got an email from ups with tracking number on Thursday, said delivery date on the 17th of February.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 02/13/15 04:07 PM

I ordered 2 AR10 stripped lowers last Friday and they were delivered to my FFL this Thursday. My order before that was a Magpul stock kit and it took 2 weeks to get to my house. Their shipping times can vary up to 2 weeks from item to item. Doesn't bother me.
Posted By: captcrunch227

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 02/13/15 04:25 PM

I ordered .22 ammo from them and it took almost a month to get the ammo. I ordered a kit to complete my rifle build 2 days ago and it shipped the next day. They're all over the map shipping wise, but that's okay, I saved a lot of money using them. Saved about $200 on this build and about $40 on my ammo order, so I'm okay with waiting. They have fewer employees and that saves me money, and they rarely screw up orders so it doesn't seem to effect much other than shipping times. It's a give and take, I'm not made of money so I'll gladly wait another week or two to get my stuff to save what little money I do have.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 02/14/15 01:11 AM

Ordered a P928 SAS from them 2 weeks ago. 517 dollars to my FFL in Midlothian. It arrived last Tuesday. Now I'm waiting on the 499 dollar 380 Sig deal for the wife. That was my 1st deal with them and I'm thrilled so far.
Posted By: WalkSoftly

Re: Palmetto State Armory rant - 02/14/15 02:01 AM

Guess I've always been fortunate. Ordered four times from them last year and got every order within a week.. Now Ordering from Numrich Gun parts is a completely different story - Everytime I've placed an order with them, it has been at least three weeks to receive the order....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum