Texas Hunting Forum

glock police trade in-good deal or no?

Posted By: lubbockdave

glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 01:39 PM

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=464304101

for some reason can't get this one out of my head-is it a good deal or no?
Posted By: Western

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 01:56 PM

I think Budsgunshop.com has better deals, they have some as low as $349.

Expect them to be dirty and check for holster drag marks more than anything IMO. Those are some good deals and they are generally lightly used (unless the drag marks say otherwise). Most the officers I knew and worked with, shot their weapon mostly at qualification time, then a few times a year. When in SWAT, we shot allot, so you will see good amount of holster wear. (draw and fire drills)
Posted By: glb1955

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 02:19 PM

I believe you can do better than that. And don't worry about holster wear. It is just a finish Glock puts on top of the tenifer. Will not affect function.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 02:30 PM

CDNN has G22's w/ night sites (Gen 3) for $339..
Posted By: thruxton

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 07:04 PM

At 459? Heck no. Keep an eye out here and on texas gun trader. You can get a gen 4 for that price (after ffl/shipping).
Posted By: bjones2571

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 08:23 PM

Check aimsurplus.Com as well.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 09:16 PM

Yep, not a good deal.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/24/15 10:07 PM

Check http://www.slickguns.com/ frequently and daily. Click on the grey button that says X# of deals last 24 hours
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 12:54 AM

https://www.gtdist.com/SearchResults.aspx?SubCat=USED&Category=GUNAM

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 02:25 AM

DUDE! awesome! I think you may have just save me some $$!! Thank you

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 04:24 AM

So how do I order from this site?
Posted By: DannyB

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: lubbockdave
So how do I order from this site?

If after all the good advice telling you that there are better deals, and you still want to pursue this, then to answer your question:

You establish a relationship with a FFL and agree on what he/she will charge to accept your delivery, and transfer the gun to you. Then you bid on the gun. If you are the winner then you get with the FFL and send your certified funds along with the FFL's license copy to the seller.

Your FFL will receive the gun and transfer it to you.
Posted By: bjones2571

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 05:19 AM

I think he was asking how to order from GT. GT has a storefront in austin and Dallas I believe. You can buy them there. Perhaps also over the phone with delivery to your FFL. Not 100% on that though.
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 05:58 AM

What bjones said.

Need an FFL in Lubbock to accept your transfer. Contact GT Dist, confirm gun in stock, buy and then work out how to get the FFL paperwork to GT Dist. Gun gets shipped after paperwork is done deal and pick up gun at FFL in Lubbock.

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: bjones2571
I think he was asking how to order from GT. GT has a storefront in austin and Dallas I believe. You can buy them there. Perhaps also over the phone with delivery to your FFL. Not 100% on that though.

Thank you sir!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: glock police trade in-good deal or no? - 01/25/15 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: lubbockdave
Originally Posted By: bjones2571

Thank you sir!
Dave, Empire Pawn on 50th street near I27 will do any transfer for $25, and is in fact a dealer and can order just about anything as well. Honestly they are one of the cheapest places in town if you don't mind waiting a day or two. I've both ordered through them and done a private transfer through them and both transactions were great. Tina is one of the managers I've dealt with. You can google their FFL info, just include that info (and yours) and they'll call you when it comes in.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum