Texas Hunting Forum

Need a gunsmith recommendation - Cypress, TX or Houston, TX

Posted By: jmac24

Need a gunsmith recommendation - Cypress, TX or Houston, TX - 01/20/15 08:27 PM

I need a gunsmith to take a look at my son's Benelli M2. Just got it for Christmas and after about 8 boxes in the dove fields, the bolt became stuck when we were cleaning it. I have had a SBE II for years and never had an issue with it.

Any recommendation for a gunsmith?
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Need a gunsmith recommendation - Cypress, TX or Houston, TX - 01/20/15 08:29 PM

Briley is probably one of the best shotgun smiths in the US and right here in Houston.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Need a gunsmith recommendation - Cypress, TX or Houston, TX - 01/20/15 09:20 PM

Briley is certainly one of the foremost shotgun gunsmiths anywhere, inthe opinions of some. But they charge like it too.
I use Clint Brown at Cypress Gunworks and he has a shop on his place in Cypress. He's a mom-n-pop shop but he does good and, more importantly to me, honest work. In fact, the first thing he did for me was remove a broke screw in my 700 and re-threaded the hole just in case. Once again, first time customer and he didn't charge. He said he'd prefer i bring him "real work" before he charges me. smile Been going to him since.

On top of all that, he has a jack arse you can go hang out with. Literally, he has a donkey on his property.
PM me if you'd like his contact info.
Posted By: jmac24

Re: Need a gunsmith recommendation - Cypress, TX or Houston, TX - 01/21/15 01:26 AM

thanks guys, I have been to Briley's a few times for chokes. I will look up Cypress Gunworks and see how close I am.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum