Texas Hunting Forum

SEEKINS AR anyone??

Posted By: Buzzsaw

SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/15/15 09:44 PM

Looking at one of his complete AR's. They can't give me an ETA, said to order one, get in line, Anyone ever bought a complete rifle from him? What was your experience like? Wait time?

Really not looking for another year wait for a rifle
Posted By: clandr1

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/15/15 09:50 PM

In my opinion, there's no reason to wait for a rifle right now with the market being like it is. What is it about Seekins that draws you to that brand? What sort of configuration are you looking for?

If I needed a rifle right now, I'd buy a complete BCM upper (in whatever configuration I preferred) and build a stripped lower of my choosing. You'd have a damned good rifle for at or under $1,000.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/15/15 10:04 PM

SEEKINS makes good stuff for sure, but I don't think I'd wait for one of their rifles when you can build your own with SEEKINS parts. Also SWFA makes a rifle that is branded for them, but all the parts are SEEKINS parts.

LINK
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/15/15 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: clandr1
In my opinion, there's no reason to wait for a rifle right now with the market being like it is. What is it about Seekins that draws you to that brand? What sort of configuration are you looking for?

If I needed a rifle right now, I'd buy a complete BCM upper (in whatever configuration I preferred) and build a stripped lower of my choosing. You'd have a damned good rifle for at or under $1,000.

^this for sure, Seekins and BCM are both solid, no sense in waiting on one BUILD IT
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/16/15 10:55 PM

I built a clone to one because of your same feedback you got. I Might be willing to part with because I might go in a different direction
Posted By: BobG

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/16/15 11:05 PM

I build my AR's from Seekins billet receivers and handguards, wilson barrels, ar stoner BCG's, troy gas system, and Magpul stock/grip
Posted By: 30378

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/16/15 11:57 PM

Not all Seekins but it's about 80%. It does have a Shilen bbl and Magpul stock.

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 12:17 AM

nice!!! where do you buy the parts? Direct from manufacturer or dealers? who puts them together?
Posted By: 30378

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 01:05 AM

Most of it came from Rainier Arms in Washington St.

http://www.rainierarms.com/

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 01:53 AM

checking rainer
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 02:50 AM

Love me some seekins , if u need someone to help u slap it together pm me
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 06:05 AM

Legos. I use lots of seekins and mega parts but I have never gotten any junk from Rainier, Palmetto State or even JSE. Use what you want to build what you want.
Posted By: BobG

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
nice!!! where do you buy the parts? Direct from manufacturer or dealers? who puts them together?

SWFA is where I buy all of my Seekins parts, as well as optics and other parts/accessories. They have great prices, employees are members here, they're located in Texas so shipping is really quick.

Note: they're online inventory is not live, so give them a call to order. Also, use THF8 as a promo code and get 8% off your order, or use THFFS for free shipping.

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 10:01 PM

I need to run down to swfa
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/17/15 11:53 PM

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/18/15 01:18 AM

Buzz saw you're over your pm limit
Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: SEEKINS AR anyone?? - 01/18/15 03:24 AM

https://dsgarms.com/seekins-precision-battlefield-spbrv3-145-rifle-556mm
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum