Texas Hunting Forum

New Rifle

Posted By: mikeydon

New Rifle - 01/14/15 04:10 AM

A friend of mine has a birthday coming up soon,I'm looking at a new rifle for his birthday.
Is there going to be a problem confused2,Now he does have his CHL texas
Posted By: changedmyname

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 04:31 AM

I'd just get him a gift card and tell him that's what it's for.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 04:34 AM

No. You are buying it for your personal use.
As long as you are not buying it for him because he could not otherwise be allowed to purchase one, then there is no issue. The store does not need to know it is a gift.
Posted By: Ruger1980

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 04:45 AM

Are you looking for any more friends? My birthday is next month and I have a CHL.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 03:01 PM

Hey,,,, my birthday is a few days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: bside

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 03:18 PM

Read Question 11.a. on page 4 of the 4473: https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

You are allowed to give a GIFT of a firearm to another person, as long as you are NOT taking any money from them to do it.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: iliketohunt
I'd just get him a gift card and tell him that's what it's for.

I would do this instead ^^^^
Posted By: BigPig

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 04:01 PM

I turn 30 in 15 days, that's a good mark and deserving of a special new gun... Hint hint... Good buddy ole pal
Posted By: bjones2571

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
No. You are buying it for your personal use.
As long as you are not buying it for him because he could not otherwise be allowed to purchase one, then there is no issue. The store does not need to know it is a gift.

This. And don't tell the numnut behind the counter what you are doing. I've seen and heard plenty of stories about the guys behind the big box gun counter not selling a gun that was going to be gifted because of a misunderstanding of the straw buyer problem. It's legal, just buy it and gift it as intended. If you know what he'd want or what you want to give, I see no reason to buy a gift card.
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 06:06 PM

I have more than enough, but I sure wish I had friends that would buy me rifles!! I have only gifted 4 rifles and that was family and only on special birthdays....sister for her 50th, kid brother for his 30th and 40th, and grandson turning 13 (became a teenager and a young man). "Regular" birthdays they get something in the $25 range!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: New Rifle - 01/14/15 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Ruger1980
Are you looking for any more friends? My birthday is next month and I have a CHL.

Me too! Although I don't have my CHL yet...I'm going to be getting it this year...
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: New Rifle - 01/15/15 12:30 AM

I need some better friends. My friends just buy me a beer on my birthday.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum