Texas Hunting Forum

Shotgun repair Austin area - 1962 Eusebio Arizaga

Posted By: HuntCrafted

Shotgun repair Austin area - 1962 Eusebio Arizaga - 01/08/15 07:53 PM

I have what I believe is a 1962 Eusebio Arizaga (not sure about the year) 20ga side by side. Its been used a ton and I'd like to get it working again. Needs a firing pin which I'm pretty sure will need to be fabricated. I've taken it to the usual suspects around town and no-one wants to mess with it. Any recommendations?

Time to hang it on the wall?

Posted By: TDK

Re: Shotgun repair Austin area - 1962 Eusebio Arizaga - 01/09/15 01:44 AM

As long as one understands the guns limitation with ammo, there is no need to hang it on the wall. Hunt it! Its a nice gun and worth it to invest in fixing.

You are welcome to ship it up here to me in DFW, I can do any work that is needed to get it running or evaluate it to make sure it wont be a money pit.
Aaron

Re: Shotgun repair Austin area - 1962 Eusebio Arizaga - 01/09/15 04:36 PM

Thanks man - PM sent!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Shotgun repair Austin area - 1962 Eusebio Arizaga - 01/09/15 08:38 PM

Sportsman's Finest didn't want to mess with it??

Re: Shotgun repair Austin area - 1962 Eusebio Arizaga - 01/13/15 02:26 PM

They recommended one of the gunsmiths I had take a look at it. I don't think they have a gunsmith on site or didn't the last time I was there.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Shotgun repair Austin area - 1962 Eusebio Arizaga - 01/14/15 03:04 AM

Spanish guns like this, are copies of English guns, with quite a bit of hand fitting. Some of the guns are very high quality some are not but the skill required to repair them is similar. They require the attention of a knowledgeable classically trained gunsmith. The average gunsmith doesn't have the skills to fix them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum