Texas Hunting Forum

Interesting vid on revolvers

Posted By: billybob

Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/08/15 03:45 PM

Guess I've been lucky

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VFBAcz16GvU[/video]
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/08/15 05:18 PM

I kind of feel like that goes without saying on holding the support hand up like that, but seeing some of the idiots walking around these days, I wouldmt be suprised! I knew there were some pressure escaping the cylinder, but damn I didnt know that much was! Shredded it!
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/08/15 05:38 PM

Mythbusters did this with an analog hand I believe it was chicken wings sewn together to form 5 fingers. Pretty nasty stuff.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/08/15 05:50 PM

I have been victim of this. I got a 22 LR ruger single six for Christmas one year and put my hand around the cylinder without thinking about it for extra support. Fortunately with a 22 LR it is not as bad, but it hurt and burned. Glad I figured that out before getting ahold of my 45 Colt and 44 mag... I was pretty young at the time.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/08/15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
I have been victim of this. I got a 22 LR ruger single six for Christmas one year and put my hand around the cylinder without thinking about it for extra support. Fortunately with a 22 LR it is not as bad, but it hurt and burned. Glad I figured that out before getting ahold of my 45 Colt and 44 mag... I was pretty young at the time.

I did this with my S&W 629 .44 Mag when I was younger and more ignorant. By God's grace, my hand is intact. I had some mild burns and bruising for a few days, but never broke the skin. flehan
Posted By: billybob

Re: Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/08/15 07:23 PM

I shoot both revolvers and semiautos with one hand so that part didn't bother me...but where he talks about standing besides a person and possibly taking some shrapnel did.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/08/15 08:30 PM

Wow I did NOT expect it to disintegrate the paper! Dang!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Interesting vid on revolvers - 01/09/15 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Bullfrog
Wow I did NOT expect it to disintegrate the paper! Dang!

Watched Bob Mundons show back in the day I think it was and he used a 44 mag for his tests. The blast would knock a hole the size of a grapefruit in the bottom of a premade aluminum pie pan.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum