Texas Hunting Forum

REM 700 Conversion

Posted By: hectic

REM 700 Conversion - 01/05/15 08:37 PM

I have been thinking of corverting my son's ADL to a BDL, or possibly a DM (Drop Magazine) Has anyone done this conversion, and prefer one over the other?

Thanks
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: REM 700 Conversion - 01/05/15 09:00 PM

I did an ADL to DM with AICS mags. I like being able to unload the rifle without chambering each round. I went DM over BDL for ease of loading and unloading.

Re: REM 700 Conversion - 01/05/15 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
I did an ADL to DM with AICS mags. I like being able to unload the rifle without chambering each round. I went DM over BDL for ease of loading and unloading.

I was thinking along those lines as well... Thanks, I will be on the lookout for a Long Action, DM setup.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: REM 700 Conversion - 01/05/15 09:21 PM

I've done this with my long action adl after finding a good stock and it's very easy. The most difficult thing was trying to trim the action screws to length. I was living in a one bedroom apartment so I didn't have many tools at my reach.

You may want to look into CDI. they are offering free inletting if you buy one of the bottom metal. However, this solution will still cost more that a BDL.

Re: REM 700 Conversion - 01/06/15 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Korean Redneck
I've done this with my long action adl after finding a good stock and it's very easy. The most difficult thing was trying to trim the action screws to length. I was living in a one bedroom apartment so I didn't have many tools at my reach.

You may want to look into CDI. they are offering free inletting if you buy one of the bottom metal. However, this solution will still cost more that a BDL.

Thanks, I will look into that....
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: REM 700 Conversion - 01/07/15 03:03 AM

I did this to two rifles and went with BDL because I wanted the ease of unloading but chose it over DM because I didn't want to worry about forgetting to bring something into the field with me
Posted By: target1911

Re: REM 700 Conversion - 01/07/15 06:04 PM

Keep a loaded mag in the gun and you don't have to worry about forgetting to bring it. Unloaded gun scare the chit out of me so ALL of mine sTay loaded.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: REM 700 Conversion - 01/07/15 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Hooligan
I did this to two rifles and went with BDL because I wanted the ease of unloading but chose it over DM because I didn't want to worry about forgetting to bring something into the field with me

Thought about that too at the time but I dismissed this notion for myself because at the end of the day it's a bolt gun and feeding one at a time is something I do regardless magazine situation from time to time anyways. I generally don't take more than one shot when I depend on my bolt gun.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum