Texas Hunting Forum

gun work/ cleaning setup

Posted By: Wburke2010

gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 04:16 AM

So I finally went and got some more cabinets and counter to finish my new gun room today and I am going to put them in tomorrow. Right now I have a little three drawer deal from cabelas with a gun rest on the top to clean rifles and shot guns but I don't really like it because it moves around so much so I was thinking of buying a vise to put on the table to hold the rifle by the barrel and get some blocks to hold handguns. But didn't know if there was a better option or idea.

So if you are using a vise which one are you using? If you are not then what are you using to hold the firearm?

I am thinking of getting this vise.

Walter
Posted By: MikeC

Re: gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 04:22 AM

I use a Tipton best gun vise. Does the job for me

Posted By: Bradgrace

Re: gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 04:24 AM

I got a Tipton best gun vise at cabelas yesterday and it came with the wheeler engineering 72 piece screwdriver set in the box for $100. I thought that was a pretty good deal.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeC
I use a Tipton best gun vise. Does the job for me

Have an older version of that one which has been working for years

Re: gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 04:36 AM

I was looking at one of those as well. Maybe I get one of those and a vise...

Walter
Posted By: jab3006

Re: gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 05:40 AM

I have a wooden one similar to the tipton, I bought years ago, works pretty good. I have been wanting to upgrade to the tipton. Think it would be much better. I also have a small vise similar to one you linked. Not as heavy duty as that one but it has padded jaws and a swivel base. It was fairly cheap, just dont remember where I got it.
Posted By: Payne

Re: gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 08:11 PM

I use the tipton also, it's on sale at Midway right now. You can get 1911 & Ar 15 vice blocks for it from Wheeler.

Re: gun work/ cleaning setup - 01/04/15 09:42 PM

Guess I am going to order one of them and a vise for some other work when a few of the gun parts I need come back into stock.

Thanks guys

Walter
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum