Texas Hunting Forum

Scilencerco Harvester

Posted By: JThoele

Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 02:51 AM

Looking at making my first suppressor purchase soon. Looking for something to use between my 5.56 AR, a heavy barreled tikka .308, and a factory tikka t3 lite 7mm08. Currently, neither Tikka is threaded, and I would plan on cutting the t3 lite barrel down to 18 or so inches when getting it threaded. My desire for a suppressor is for hunting applications and low-moderate rate of fire target shooting. I want something that will be as lightweight as possible yet will be a worthwhile purchase to allow for firing of supersonic ammo without need for hearing protection. I have looked at (not used) a scilencerco harvester and was impressed with weight and price, but was concerned on effectiveness as a suppressor for noice reduction. Just wanted to see if any members could offer input on the subject?
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 03:01 AM

Id get the YHM phantom 30 Ti. It is titanium and rated up to 300RUM has QD flash suppressors you can put on all your rifles and use it on all them. I have the stainless steel version of this suppressor and love it. Haven't shot with hearing pro since I got it.
Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 03:10 AM

It is a great suppressor as long as you don't overheat it. I like it better than the thunderbeast my buddy has. I am sure there are other good ones out there but I can't imagine any of the being any better
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 03:18 AM

You should check out Templar Tactical Suppressors. They are extremely quite and made in Texas! they also make both a direct Thread and modular precision suppressor mounting system to make it easier to change rifles. http://www.cruxshop.com/30calSuppressors-s/1818.htm
Posted By: SR025

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 03:46 AM

Specwar 7.62
Posted By: Bradgrace

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 03:51 AM

I'm in the same boat as you and ended up ordering a harvester. I was wondering about noise reduction as we'll and everybody says it is great that I have talked to.
Posted By: JThoele

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 03:57 AM

Brad I assume you're in the wait period now?

SR025, I think the specwar sound like it would be more robust and efficient at sound reduction, but at 24 oz that is over twice the weight of a harvester. As primarily a hunter, I think I will regret getting a heavy suppressor for field use.
Posted By: Bradgrace

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 04:27 AM

Yes I'm in the waiting period now. Who knows how long that will take. I went the trust route by the way.
Posted By: thorn4570

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 04:49 AM

Harvester looks good and nice price. For just a little more you could get the YHM 338.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: JThoele
Brad I assume you're in the wait period now?

SR025, I think the specwar sound like it would be more robust and efficient at sound reduction, but at 24 oz that is over twice the weight of a harvester. As primarily a hunter, I think I will regret getting a heavy suppressor for field use.

True that
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 05:47 AM

I have a Thunderbeast 30-PS which is the shorter version and I have an AAC Cyclone. The Cyclone is 9.5" and 23 oz., the TB is 7" and 13 oz. I don't even use the Cyclone on my bolt guns anymore because it is so heavy and those extra 2.5" make a big difference when hunting out of a blind. When shooting the two I can barely tell any difference in sound on my bolt guns, however, on my AR's the Cyclone is quite a bit quieter.

My advice is go shorter and lighter...the Harvester is light and cheap but long. Don't get a QD unless you want to spend an extra $100 for each gun for the QD mount. Personally I think it's a waste to go QD unless that extra 10 seconds of unscrewing it is worth the extra money to you.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 06:49 AM

I have a QD AAC SDN6 for my ARs. It's nice but I decided to with something lighter for the bolt actions so I ordered the Harvester. Don't want a QD flash hider (or QD brake) and heavy suppressor on the end of a bolt action hunting rifle.
Posted By: Kingpin

Re: Scilencerco Harvester - 01/04/15 03:50 PM

We did some testing with the Silencer Shop and the Harvester was quietest can of about 10 we tested that day.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum