Texas Hunting Forum

Horizon Christmas

Posted By: DStroud

Horizon Christmas - 12/25/14 05:06 PM

One of my friends called a while back and said he needed a rifle built just like his 6.5 Creedmoor from Horizon for a close friend for Christmas from his family.
Well thanks to Derrick we made it happen. Last week I mounted a Nightforce on it and just took some miscellaneous ammo I had on hand loaded with two bullets and a couple of different powders and shot it to get it close.

Here are 8 shots fired at 100 yards about as fast as I could before dark.

I took the gun down and left it with my friend and the recipient's son got it and they surprised him yesterday morning.
I happened to be around coyote hunting in the area yesterday afternoon and he went out of his way to find me and say "Thanks"( Thanks Derrick happy3 )and after a few minutes of pleasantries it was decided to shoot it a couple times as I told him it was not dead-on but close.
Real Close... 3 shots.

I had a steel target in my vehicle but where we were I could only safely get about 380 yards. I wanted to show him how to use a Ballistic program mainly and I guesstimated on velocity based on familiarity with the load.
Here is one shot from him and one by his son. I told him to hold left edge as the wind was quartering L to R and he hit about where he aimed but it did seem to blow his son's as expected.

For some reason I once again forgot to snap a picture of the gun but maybe Derrick got a photo before it went out the door.
We used a Remington Model Seven donor action and fluted the Bolt 1/8 twist Benchmark 24 inch barrel all Cerakoted Socom black with a HS Precision green with Black webbing stock. I mounted a Nightforce 5-22X50 NXS with HS and Zero-stop/MOAR-T reticle in Talley 20 MOA base and Talley rings from SWFA.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Horizon Christmas - 12/26/14 01:52 AM

Outstanding! But...

worthless

banana
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Horizon Christmas - 12/26/14 02:01 AM

Yeah we wanna see the rifle!!
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Horizon Christmas - 12/26/14 02:56 AM

OK fine.
It looks like these only different.