Texas Hunting Forum

suppressor

Posted By: Brokedownhunter

suppressor - 12/14/14 05:21 AM

For my remington 700 300 blackout what's a good one thats not crazy expensive stay around or less then 1000
Posted By: syncerus

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 06:26 AM

Why don't you look at the videos on the Silencer Shop web site and on youtube? You might also want to read the evaluations on the NFATalk.org and AR15.com sites. The short and simple answer is that there are at least 20 suppressors on the market that will do a nice job on the .300 AAC for less than $1k, frequently much less than $1k, if you exclude the sales tax and the tax stamp.

The general consensus for bolt action hunting rifles is that direct threading and lighter weight add up to greater accuracy, but the newer QD systems appear to have made great strides, at least for some manufacturers. Heavier weight frequently equates to greater durability, so you pays your money and you makes your choices ...
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: syncerus
Silencer Shop web site

This is the only place you need to go. Call them, they will help you out.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 12:08 PM

I am looking at suppressors too, mainly for hunting. I don't have much knowledge about these but I have been looking at the Griffin Armament Sportsman can, they have it on silencer shop for around 600.

Also, just by chance I was at the range and some guy was shooting a Yankee Hill can, don't know exactly the caliber but I couldn't even hear it with ear muffs on.
Posted By: Trouble_Shooter

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas
I am looking at suppressors too, mainly for hunting. I don't have much knowledge about these but I have been looking at the Griffin Armament Sportsman can, they have it on silencer shop for around 600.

Also, just by chance I was at the range and some guy was shooting a Yankee Hill can, don't know exactly the caliber but I couldn't even hear it with ear muffs on.

Odds are he was using SS ammo as well. ;-)
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 03:13 PM

SilencerCo Harvester
Posted By: Kyle Horn

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 03:17 PM

i am in the market as well. is there a suppressor that will be ok for my AR-10 and 1911?
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Varget 7-08
SilencerCo Harvester

Ordered one of these for my bolt action rifles.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: suppressor - 12/14/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Kyle Horn
i am in the market as well. is there a suppressor that will be ok for my AR-10 and 1911?

I would guess you'd need a large caliber rifle suppressor to do both. I know my .45 pistol suppressor (Silencerco .45 Osprey) can do .308 subs, but can't handle .308 supersonic. Maybe something like a Bowers 458 or Bowers 50 is what you want.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum