Texas Hunting Forum

Ruger American Predator reviews?

Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/13/14 02:52 PM

Saw a little write up about the new Ruger American Predator rifles...anyone used them yet? Reviews?
Thanks!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/13/14 05:16 PM

Trying to decide between an All Weather and a Predator, myself.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/13/14 07:52 PM

Predator has a threaded barrel. I'd buy one.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/13/14 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Toxarch

TB is certainly the attraction, but that green stock is rough on the eyes.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/13/14 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: Toxarch

TB is certainly the attraction, but that green stock is rough on the eyes.

True, not the most attractive stock. But with such a low street price, it leaves room for a different stock or won't hurt to paint the whole gun.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/13/14 11:53 PM

If you can pull through a 4lb trigger pull without jerkin it......buy one
Posted By: TCB

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/14/14 01:06 AM

Saw one at Cabelas in Allen last week. Despite all of the good reports on the Ruger American, it seemed very "cheap" to me. Boyds does have some stocks for the American but not as many as a Savage. I found a Savage 6.5 Creedmoor for the same price and I'm willing to spend the extra $65 for threading.

Just my 2cents
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/14/14 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: TCB
Saw one at Cabelas in Allen last week. Despite all of the good reports on the Ruger American, it seemed very "cheap" to me. Boyds does have some stocks for the American but not as many as a Savage. I found a Savage 6.5 Creedmoor for the same price and I'm willing to spend the extra $65 for threading.

Just my 2cents

Where can you get a barrel threaded for $65? Everywhere I've seen has been around $150.

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/14/14 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: BigBucky2014

Just my 2cents

Where can you get a barrel threaded for $65? Everywhere I've seen has been around $150.

Look in the classifieds for Dallas Shooting Supply, Morgan is a THF'r.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/14/14 12:13 PM

Just my 2cents

I've heard that Savage 6.5 predator is 1 b.a. rifle! I think this is a smart route!

Re: Ruger American Predator reviews? - 12/14/14 02:57 PM

Took it to the range for the initial sight in Friday. Once it's broke in, load tweaked a little and a better scope than the Redfield I put on it
Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas

Just my 2cents

I've heard that Savage 6.5 predator is 1 b.a. rifle! I think this is a smart route!

Took it to the range for the initial sight in Friday. Once it's broke in, load tweaked a little and a better scope than the Redfield I put on it I think she'll be a .5" gun pretty easy. I was putting up cloverleaf's without trying very hard and a warm barrel.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum