Texas Hunting Forum

Wahoo....one shot...

Posted By: Deerhunter61

Wahoo....one shot... - 11/26/14 07:52 PM

And one kill...or hit at 1200 yards with my custom 6.5 Creedmoor. I started at 300 then 500, 600, 800 then 1,000...which I missed the first time and the second ugh...but figured it out and hit with the third. I didn't see my miss the first time but did the second and was able to make adjustment. I then dialed up the dope for 1200 and for the first time ever hit it with my first shot!

Before that though I had worked on getting my AR 6.5 CM load development finished and Chrono'd. Then I went to the long range range. I started with my AR first and starting at 300 hit low on the silhouette...I adjusted and took it to 500 yards. I hit WAY low. Wow! So I started reworking my velocity on shooter and took it from 2855 down to 2300 before I got the elevation right...man was I confused! First I wondered if my Chrono was screwed up but screwed up to the tune of 500fps? No way...so I decided to look at my scope....AGH!!!!!! It's MOA!!! I bought it at SWFA and they had two on their sample list...one MOA and one Mil/Mil. I ask for the Mil/Mil and he brought the MOA...ugh...I've had it for a couple of months but never noticed because I never shot it LR because my focus had been on my custom. Once I realized it was MOA and made the adjustments I took it out to 800yds! What a complete dummy I am! I didn't think to check and make sure it was Mil/Mil...
Posted By: Weegs

Re: Wahoo....one shot... - 11/26/14 07:55 PM

Fun times, well done.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Wahoo....one shot... - 11/26/14 08:24 PM

You sure are learning lessons the hard way.

But congrats on the hits. No many of us can do that.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Wahoo....one shot... - 11/27/14 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Weegs
Fun times, well done.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
You sure are learning lessons the hard way.

But congrats on the hits. No many of us can do that.

Yep...seems like it but hey when you learn the hard way you tend to remember.

And thanks!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum