Texas Hunting Forum

Kel-Tec vs Rugar

Posted By: TBS

Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/30/14 03:31 PM

I went to the gun rang this week and shot several of my pistols. I put a few rounds through my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm and my Rugar LCP .380. I forgot what a kick the Kel-tec had. Obviously the Rugar LCP did not kick as much but it was just a better feeling pistol to shoot. So my question is....has anyone shot the Kel-Tec P-11 9mm and the Rugar LC9 9mm. can you give me some input. Does the LC9 also have a bad recoil or does it feel better than the Kel-Tec. Thanks for some input.
Posted By: ralph

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/30/14 04:53 PM

I have no experience with KelTec but I own an LC9 and I love it. I was suprised at how little felt recoil this gun has. Most of my recent shooting has been 9mm- all with the LC9-so I might just be used to it, but it has less felt recoil than the charter arms .38 with pachmayr grips that I used to carry.

I have had absolutely NO problems of any kind with the LC9 and I have shot approximately 300-350 rounds.
It is very accurate and carries in a front jean pocket in a pocket holster with no problems.

Some people do not like the long trigger pull of the DA-only LC9. They prefer the new LC9s which is striker fired and has a much shorter trigger pull. I have no reason to want to change because I have no problem with the LC9 trigger.

as for recoil, I think you would like either of the LC9 models.
Posted By: TBS

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/30/14 06:02 PM

Thanks Ralf. I was hoping for some input. I like to shoot 9mms but I forgot how much that little one kicked. I also shot my 40 and my 45 that day and that stupid little 9 had more recoil than either one of them. I may look into the LC9.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/30/14 06:45 PM

I had an LC9 and it was alright. Also had an XDS .45, and it had some recoil, but wasn't real bad. The mildest of any of them that I've shot was the G42. That one was really pleasant to shoot.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/30/14 07:51 PM

TBS, please never change your sig. I love it.

As far as the original question, sorry. I got nuthin
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/31/14 01:24 PM

My problem is I've never been able to get a keltec to cycle reliably. The lc9 is much better over all. Triggers both suck.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/31/14 09:55 PM

Sorry TBS. can't help myself. It's Ruger. That was driving me crazy.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/31/14 10:02 PM

tbs you got the front view of your sig?
Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 10/31/14 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Sorry TBS. can't help myself. It's Ruger. That was driving me crazy.
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 11/01/14 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: daniel1381
tbs you got the front view of your sig?

1st, that would be a good picture, kind of curious

2nd, you can't put a kel tec up to a rugar, and or ruger. apples and oranges

Posted By: TCB

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 11/01/14 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: ralph
I have no experience with KelTec but I own an LC9 and I love it. I was suprised at how little felt recoil this gun has. Most of my recent shooting has been 9mm- all with the LC9-so I might just be used to it, but it has less felt recoil than the charter arms .38 with pachmayr grips that I used to carry.

I have had absolutely NO problems of any kind with the LC9 and I have shot approximately 300-350 rounds.
It is very accurate and carries in a front jean pocket in a pocket holster with no problems.

Some people do not like the long trigger pull of the DA-only LC9. They prefer the new LC9s which is striker fired and has a much shorter trigger pull. I have no reason to want to change because I have no problem with the LC9 trigger.

as for recoil, I think you would like either of the LC9 models.

I second everything he said. I've got the LC9S and it shoots really well. I carried in my front pants pocket tonight and no one had a clue it was anything other than a cell phone.
Posted By: TheOilman

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 11/01/14 04:02 PM

I have the new stricker fired LC9 and it's a great shooting little gun. Mild recoil, great trigger for a carry gun and so far no problems. Like already stated you can't compare Ruger with Keltec , Ruger is on a totally diffent quality level. To each their own but I would sell that Keltec as fast as possible I have seen way too many you tube videos of them literally falling apart.
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: Kel-Tec vs Rugar - 11/03/14 09:09 AM

Wow! Glad I read this post, cause I saw a little Keltec that I wanted to try. I think I'll stick to what I'm used to GLOCK.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum