Texas Hunting Forum

Clamp On Muzzle Breaks?

Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 10/22/14 11:53 PM

This site popped up on my Facebook page advertising clamp on muzzle breaks. I didn't even know such a thing existed. They say they guarantee at least a 60% reduction in recoil. That's substantial. Easy to bolt on. Sounds very simple to install.

Thoughts?
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 10/23/14 12:15 AM

Whitt machine makes a solid one. Appears kida clunky to me compares to a threaded but if it works looks can be overlooked.

Re: Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 10/23/14 12:29 AM

I meant to post the link above. It was Witt.

http://wittmachine.net/

Re: Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 10/23/14 10:52 PM

I have had both. Traded off the clamp on (didnt shoot it enough to give an opinion).
Gave the 5/8" threaded to a buddy with a Rem 700 .308. No report back as to performance so I can only comment on fitand finish.
Both were good but maybe earlier model s with sharp tooling marks. But overall well built and look good for the price.
Maybe others can comment on performance.
Posted By: Big Will

Re: Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 10/23/14 11:01 PM

I'm trying to decide between the witt clamp on or threading my mosin barrel. Im interested in the opinions here as well.

Re: Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 10/23/14 11:43 PM

Mosin barrels are generally thin at the muzzle. Send him the dimension and do a clamp on. And for goodness sake dont buy a clamp on off ebay. They suck.

Re: Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 11/09/14 02:25 AM

I found this information about Witt Muzzle Breaks and it sure sounds good. Think I'm going to have to give it a shot (no pun intended) for my 7 Mag.

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/product-review-requests/43745-muzzle-brake.html
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Clamp On Muzzle Breaks? - 11/09/14 10:53 PM

Good find. I may try one as well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum