Texas Hunting Forum

I stippled my G23

Posted By: target1911

I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 01:24 AM

I finally sat down and got it done. This is my second one as a couple of years ago I did my G22. This time I ground down the factory bumps in the finger grooves and on the back strap. It did make the grip a tad bit (but noticeably) smaller. The finger groves are also a tad bit deeper. All in all the grip feels great as does the stippling. It is not to aggressive but still grippy enough, and much more than the factory slick plastic feel.

I also re profiled the trigger gaurd to fit my hand better. I get a little deeper grip and the TG is not jabbing the top of my finger anymore.
BTW....this is my EDC
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 01:45 AM

I got my stippled by a guy on the forum and a grip reduction love it.
Posted By: Ekim1966

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 01:47 AM

Looks like you did a great job!

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 02:09 AM

Thanks.

There is no design and it's not purdy but it is very functional.
Posted By: dohctr

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 03:56 AM

Damn, I didn't know it was possible to make a Glock look uglier, but here we are.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: dohctr
Damn, I didn't know it was possible to make a Glock look uglier, but here we are.

Not sure what you're talking about a glock is a work of art. I wouldn't trust my life to a 1911 they don't go bang every time. Only sigs I've ever shot didn't fit my hand. I've owned I don't know how many handguns glocks is where it's at. I'd put my glock 22 up against any of your handguns. You might go home crying. "Damn I spend $1500 on this Wilson combat and it won't even shoot HP from the factory".

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:07 AM

Lol
function over form....not to mention it stays CONCEALED and its not a BBQ rig.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: target1911
Thanks.

There is no design and it's not purdy but it is very functional.

Go comes before show.

You done good! up Biggest gripe I had about my Glock 21 was that it was too big for my hands. Looks like you have a way to fix that problem.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Not sure what you're talking about a glock is a work of art. I wouldn't trust my life to a 1911 they don't go bang every time. Only sigs I've ever shot didn't fit my hand. I've owned I don't know how many handguns glocks is where it's at. I'd put my glock 22 up against any of your handguns. You might go home crying. "Damn I spend $1500 on this Wilson combat and it won't even shoot HP from the factory".

Lol!!

I accept your challenge. Winner gets to keep the other man's gun and a grand. Whadaya say?

I spent $6,000 on my Wilson, but I won't use it for this challenge. Ill bring 2,000 cast projectile rounds and lets do this.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:19 AM

The .45 and 10mm are humongous for sure. The sf frames are a little smaller, but the 9mm and 40cals are almost perfect especially with the grip reduction it's perfection.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:25 AM

I'll go 2000 rounds of HP first person with a malfunction loses. Hell I'll even give you a chance ill go fmj so maybe you'll not have a malfunction. What will you be shooting? Please bring your 6k Wilson. We'll go through all the different weights of bullets and different contours I bet mine goes bang no matter what can you say the same?

HP, round nose, flat nose, wad cutters, doesn't matter glock loves them all.

I'll be happy to leave with your "6k" Wilson.

Also If you spent 6k on a Wilson 1911 you're remedial.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:32 AM

I'll go 2000 rounds of HP first person with a malfunction loses. Hell I'll even give you a chance ill go fmj so maybe you'll not have a malfunction. What will you be shooting? Please bring your 6k Wilson. We'll go through all the different weights of bullets and different contours I bet mine goes bang no matter what can you say the same?

HP, round nose, flat nose, wad cutters, doesn't matter glock loves them all.

I'll be happy to leave with your "6k" Wilson.

Also If you spent 6k on a Wilson 1911 you're remedial.

Ok, I will pay you $5,000 if you can shoot 1,000 cast projectiles out of your Glock. If you lose, you owe me only $1,000. Fair?

And the Wilson will stay at home. I'll bring a cheaper gun out.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:41 AM

No problem you suppling the -1000 cast projectiles? I even have a 32 round mag to make it quicker. You are loading though. I tend to like my thumbs. Again with the remedial [censored], if you don't think a glock will eat 1k cast projectiles you're thick in the head. No please don't leave the Wilson at home bring him out to play I'd love to sell it for 1k to help fund my next project. I don't know why you want to leave it at home so bad... [censored] if I paid 6k for it I'd want to take it out for a spin unless you're afraid of the big bad black glock...

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:46 AM

We can go round for round until one of us has a malfunction. You're going to be doing a ton of loading since you only shoot 7 at a time. Guess ill just have to wait. Won't be so bad since I'm getting a 6k Wilson in the end huh??

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:49 AM

Well I'm going to bed I'll look at this tomorrow. Have fun.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:52 AM

Why does Glock say not to use cast projectiles? Shall we find out?

And why do you assume I will bring a 1911? Not even a 1911 guy really. Just have a dozen or so.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:01 AM

Glock says not to use them because lead can build up in the poly barrels. Still think there is no problem. Bring it on. Good for you, you own 12 1911's you're cool. What other 6k Wilson would you bring if not a 1911?

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:07 AM

Is an MP5k considered a pistol? If so I will bring mine. Should finish up the test faster on my end.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:12 AM

/face palm you're F'N retarded..

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:15 AM

I'm retarded? You're the man who said that a glock, perhaps the ugliest firearms in production, are "works of art". Additionally, you are completely unaware of what soft cast lead bullets with almost no antimony or tin will do to a polygonally rifled bore.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:21 AM

Really because one post up I just said that glock recommends not to use casts bullets in poly barrels. Congrats you can use google. Some people have different opinions of what a work of art is. I think of a work of art as something that will never ever let you down and that will go bang every single time you pull the trigger others, like yourself for instance, think a work of art is something that looks pretty at a BBQ or something you can brag to your friends you paid 6k for, but probably won't even cycle hp defense ammo without having a full polish job to the barrel and feed ramp. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:29 AM

Sorry target1911 the G23 looks great, next thing is make an undercut on the trigger guard makes the hand fit way better underneath it.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:31 AM

Congrats I can use google? I am an 07/02 and writer for the industry. I assure you my knowledge on this subject is quite extensive, however you seem to be largely ignorant on even the most trivial aspects of marksmanship.

Not sure why you are so hung up on a 1911 I had commissioned. It isn't a duty piece, just a safe queen I bought for the hell of it. I can get you a proper gun if you would like.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:36 AM

I'm sorry when did we ever talk about marksmanship? We were talking about malfunctions. I was never hung up on the "safe queen" you were the one bragging about a 6k Wilson Combat.

You're the one showing your ignorance. Either you are a writer that has a chip on his shoulder about Glocks, you are ignorant to the facts, or I've been trolled all night.

If you're a "writer for the industry" as you put it, you'd know glocks are number 1 maybe number 2 on the food chain.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:37 AM

Damn I think I been trolled all night... Damn alcohol!!!

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:41 AM

Lmao at glock being anything but a cheap service pistol. They are like owning a Camry: they are cheap, they work ok (when they don't explode), but with no style, pizazz, or frills.

HK, Sphinx, Sig, and hell, even CZ are much better than those Austrian abortions. Again, I can get you a proper gun if you would like.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:46 AM

Yep there goes your credibility as an "industry writer" lol wow you're actually comical thank you I needed a laugh after a hard days work.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:48 AM

I assume you truly have no experience with quality pistols. Surely nobody is this ignorant. If you ever want to nut up or shut up then PM me and we can get this test done.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:56 AM

Oh no it won't be through pm when the glock shows your dumb [censored] up it will be very public. I already told you. You bring out your 6k custom Wilson safe queen BBQ gun blah blah blah and we'll go through all different types of bullets and weights first one with a malfunction loses their gun. Simple as that. Of course you already tried changing the rules I don't know how many times. Only shooting cast rounds since you know the glock is prone to fail with cast bullets over time. Went from that to using a MP5 I don't know if you're just scared or want to brag on the different toys you have. Regardless 1k rounds split between different weights and bullet forms the glock will out perform or hang right there with your so called 6k Wilson.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 06:00 AM

Oh no it won't be through pm when the glock shows your dumb [censored] up it will be very public. I already told you. You bring out your 6k custom Wilson safe queen BBQ gun blah blah blah and we'll go through all different types of bullets and weights first one with a malfunction loses their gun. Simple as that. Of course you already tried changing the rules I don't know how many times. Only shooting cast rounds since you know the glock is prone to fail with cast bullets over time. Went from that to using a MP5 I don't know if you're just scared or want to brag on the different toys you have. Regardless 1k rounds split between different weights and bullet forms the glock will put perform or hang right there with your so called 6k Wilson.

And there you have it. Straight from the source, the glock will fail with some cast ammo. And jesus, I never said I would use the Wilson, you brought it up out of nowhere.

I could use a polygonally rifled gun to even the playing field I suppose. My Mark 23 is usually my go-to gun.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 06:05 AM

Never said it would fail... Said it was not recommended by the manufacture. I'm sure a lot of things people do to their guns, cars, atv's, boats, and blah blah blah the list goes on and on aren't recommended by the manufacture doesn't mean it's not going to run better than factory once you do it.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 09:09 AM

Wow guys. Where is my f'n popcorn? Lol.
I have owned 1911s and shot one for years in competition. Love them. I have also owned, still own, and shot many Glocks. They are ugly as dog [censored] but they flat run.

Never had a GUN caused malfunction from either but I would still take a glock to a battle before I would any other gun.

BTW.....you bring me 1k of cast or moly coated bullets and I run every one of them through either of my Glocks and go home with your $5k in my pocket. Not trying to stir the pot just taking you up on your challenge.

Bring your Wilson because I would love to put a couple of mags through it too.

BTW. My stock Kimber would eat anything I fed it too. Its main diet was either 200gr or 230gr swc.....moly coated if I was shooting indoor competition
Posted By: 10ring

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 11:53 AM

popcorn

duel
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 12:24 PM

I'll pay the range fees just to see this duel!
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 12:24 PM

Damn I think I been trolled all night... Damn alcohol!!!

Ahh... yes, here it is... here is the one I knew I was looking for!

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 12:25 PM

Lol sorry about that, thread went down hill quick. Had a few drinks after work last night lol.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 12:31 PM

LOL!

Myself, I'd be pretty reluctant to put either gun up for a challenge (bad luck would probably bite me in the butt), but I'm pretty bloody confident that both my G19 and my TRP could go 1K uninterrupted.

And, for the record, 6K on a wilson is stupid ludicrous. But to each their own; God knows I spend too much money on things I want/like.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 01:03 PM

Hell....fer 6K you can get a top of the line 100% custom Infinity that is ready to rock n roll at the top competitions.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 01:09 PM

Yep looks like we done been trolled... Ahhh on to the next one I guess.

Oh and for the record I've never had a 1911 that would run. All of them ate ball ammo no problem. I've owned 3, which I don't know why I kept buying, and none would feed HP ammo one was springfield loaded and the other 2 were RIA's. Just left a bad taste in my mouth. Went back to Glocks and never have to worry if my bullet will feed or not.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 02:04 PM

Hell....fer 6K you can get a top of the line 100% custom Infinity that is ready to rock n roll at the top competitions.

I had an SVI quoted this week at just under 4K. Heck you can almost buy 2!!!

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 02:08 PM

Could also buy 2 or 3 STIs...

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 02:27 PM

I had an SV quoted at $4500 a couple of years ago......then I got custody of my 2 teen daughters so that idea went out the window. I am still dreaming though.

KRoyal...I am shocked to hear you had problems with a Springer. Those things are tanks. I have had 5 Kimbers and a springer.....not a single one had issues.
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 02:32 PM

Love my 1911s

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 02:47 PM

I had an SV quoted at $4500 a couple of years ago......then I got custody of my 2 teen daughters so that idea went out the window. I am still dreaming though.

KRoyal...I am shocked to hear you had problems with a Springer. Those things are tanks. I have had 5 Kimbers and a springer.....not a single one had issues.

Yea the Springer was a .45 and loved 230gr ball. Put a HP in it and it was a jamomatic. I did it at the range once up here in Sherman and the previous owner gave me several different brands of HP in different weights and it wouldn't feed any of them. When it loaded them it would jam the face of the HP into the feed ramp and actually push the bullet back into the case a bit. I told myself I'd never buy another. Fast forward 2-3 years and I bought 2 RIA 1911's in 9mm one full size and the other officer size for carry. Both ran round nose 9mm 115gr and 124gr just fine. I took some of my 124gr self defense loads I had loaded up and cringed when I started shooting them, because I just knew the guns were going to start jamming. To my surprise they both ate every one of them. I was stoked that my fears had been laid to rest LOL. Took my full size hunting with me during the last ammo scare and only HP ammo I had was some Remington white box 115gr stuff. We couldn't find any hogs so we decided to just shoot. Bang... jam.... over and over again. I guess the only reason it fed the 124gr HP ammo was because it was a bit longer bullet so the angle on the feed ramp didn't jam it. 115gr nope no way in hell. To me if a gun doesn't go bang every time regardless if it doesn't like the ammo and isn't very accurate, I won't own it. Hence the reason I'm now back to Glocks LOL. Plus when the world ends and I have to scrounge for ammo, don't want to worry if my finicky 1911 will like the ammo I find. stir
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 03:08 PM

I think Glocks are the ugliest pistols out there, but when I bought mine I didn't buy it to look pretty. I wanted something that I could trust my life on.
With the way ammo has been scarce in the last few years, I now realize I made the wise choice.
Sure there are prettier guns out there, and when ammo is plentiful once again, maybe I'll buy one just to have it, and then find what it likes to shoot, and then keep an ammo stash just for that gun.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 03:24 PM

KRoyal, maybe your wrist was too limp to run a 1911. stir

No really, now I'm going to load some hollow points in my Operator and see if it fails to fire. You've got me wondering.

Glocks are made to run. My problem with them is the room for human error. It's a safe pistol in a holster, and anyone with any sense knows to keep your damn finger off the trigger until you want to fire. But I keep a chambered full size .45 in the console of my truck, and the thought of a bullet going through my dash made me cringe. Just in case something in the console struck the trigger or I did pulling the pistol out. I've never had an accidental discharge, but I worried about it. The way I see it a Glock has one safety, your trigger finger control. An XD has two safeties, your trigger finger and the grip safety (wife carries an XD). A 1911 has three safeties, trigger finger, grip safety, and thumb safety. I'm a 1911 fan, I can drive them better, but I won't run a Glock for pinks.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
KRoyal, maybe your wrist was too limp to run a 1911. stir

No really, now I'm going to load some hollow points in my Operator and see if it fails to fire. You've got me wondering.

Glocks are made to run. My problem with them is the room for human error. It's a safe pistol in a holster, and anyone with any sense knows to keep your damn finger off the trigger until you want to fire. But I keep a chambered full size .45 in the console of my truck, and the thought of a bullet going through my dash made me cringe. Just in case something in the console struck the trigger or I did pulling the pistol out. I've never had an accidental discharge, but I worried about it. The way I see it a Glock has one safety, your trigger finger control. An XD has two safeties, your trigger finger and the grip safety (wife carries an XD). A 1911 has three safeties, trigger finger, grip safety, and thumb safety. I'm a 1911 fan, I can drive them better, but I won't run a Glock for pinks.

Haha, funny I don't have a problem running my Glocks with my limp wrist. duel

Load up some different HP 45's and see if they all run. I shoot a 1911 great, I love shooting them when they actually run. I also think they are hella sexy.

Look into I think its crossbreed holsters they have a kit you can Velcro into your console so they gun is kept in a holster its not just banging around inside your console. It will also keep it in the same place handy if you ever need it.

They safety issue to me isn't a huge issue. I always carried my 1911's cocked and locked, I carry my glocks one in the chamber ready to rock. As long as you keep your bugger hook off the trigger you have nothing to worry about..
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 03:59 PM

Man, this thread went down hill quick.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Colt W. Knight
Man, this thread went down hill quick.

Good reading tho! Dang I thought we were about to witness the greatest shoot off of all time here! Dang
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 05:27 PM

I know I wanted to know the results of the shootout

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 06:17 PM

Like my Glocks so much I picked this little guy up at lunch. Thanks Blackcole. Glock 27 40cal, 3 mags one with pinky extension going to have to buy some more of those, night sights, and all the box and paperwork.

Thank you much sir.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 07:45 PM

Wasting money that could be spent on precision optics. bolt

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 07:47 PM

LOL that SWFA 12X will do everything I need it to do. When and if I start moving out to very long ranges I'll upgrade up can't be a waste of money... I bought a Glock.
Posted By: TSU99

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 07:51 PM

I have both a Springield loaded 1911, and a Glock 21. Neither have ever had problems, and eat everything I feed them. I would bet my life on both. By the way, awesome job!

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 08:45 PM

Lol sorry about that, thread went down hill quick. Had a few drinks after work last night lol.

Indeed. Obviously we are all passionate about firearms, and when two gun guys get going it generally degrades into, well, what we did.

I apologize for my remarks. That said, I think it would be cool if a few forum members got together for a friendly pistol competition!

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dohctr

Indeed. Obviously we are all passionate about firearms, and when two gun guys get going it generally degrades into, well, what we did.

I apologize for my remarks. That said, I think it would be cool if a few forum members got together for a friendly pistol competition!

Yep sorry about that I had a few last night which was why I was still up so late my bed time is normally 10PM if you guys see me posting past that.. Pay me no attention. cheers I think it would also be fun to get together with members and have a shoot. We actually just did the same with rifles. I think a cabine/pistol comp would be tons of fun.

I apologize as well especially for the personal attacks that was the moonshine talking whip
Posted By: elcasador

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/11/14 09:37 PM

You guys totally wimped out man!! rofl JK, thanks for the great read! Let me know the competition date. I'll bring my Glock grin

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/12/14 12:33 AM

am in for a shoot as well.

DOH.....I still want to take you up on your bet though peep

Yalls posts were comical for sure. I was expecting it to get the thread locked tho.
Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/12/14 03:09 AM

I will put my STI up against your Glock lol.....

For the record, I own 6 Glocks and 5 1911's. I hate all equally ha ha.

Re: I stippled my G23 - 04/12/14 01:24 PM

As a side note....I have always preferred the finger groves on Glocks. After grinding out the little bumps inside the groves it feels even better. Now it fits my hand like a glove. I will be doing the same to my G22 in the next week or two and will post up pics of the "uglier" glock too
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum