Texas Hunting Forum

Gun shows, can I carry?

Posted By: James Chien

Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/09/13 06:57 PM

Friends suggested gun shows are a nice place to find something that I am looking for. I would assume that I can not carry into the show. But really not having any experience on this. How do they screen the unwanted items? Just like in the airports? Thanks.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/09/13 06:59 PM

No, you can NOT carry in a gun show. All firearms must be checked, and locked open. No open ammunition is allowed, either. Must be in an enclosed, sealed box.
Posted By: James Chien

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/09/13 07:31 PM

great. nice to know. thank you.
Posted By: dtownrex

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/10/13 03:52 AM

You can carry your gun concealed but must be unloaded with the slide locked back.

Edit:
Not locked back.
Ziptied through the chamber...
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/10/13 09:11 PM

That oughtta be nice and comfy for those that just HAVE to carry! lol
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/11/13 12:48 AM

Carrying my pistols zip tied never bothered me. The slide still goes forward most of the way. I just leave my mags in the car.
Posted By: m.sherman

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/11/13 01:50 AM

yes you can but why
Posted By: ColemanCty

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/11/13 03:30 PM

I thought it depended on if they had the legal signs posted?
Posted By: Nighteagle

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/11/13 05:06 PM

trust me they have the legal signs posted...all guns must be secured by zip ties and no loose ammo allowed.

night eagle
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/11/13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: m.sherman
yes you can but why

I'd rather a theif only get a magazine instead of a pistol.
Posted By: ammov

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/13/13 03:20 PM

I went to the lewisville gun show a couple of months ago and there was a pistol that went off while a private sale was taking place. Luckily no one was hurt but with stupid people like this comes more rules to ruin it for the rest of us.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Gun shows, can I carry? - 07/13/13 03:39 PM

"Texas Penal Code 30.06
(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035"

If they have a legal 30.06 sign and are not on government owned property you can't carry. Many times gun shows are inside of city owned buildings and post 30.06 which would invalidate the 30.06 sign. However, if you are legally carrying inside of a 30.06 posted show you might still be arrested. One of those ''beat the rap, not the ride'' situations.
YMMV
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum