Texas Hunting Forum

Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P?

Posted By: Bit Man

Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/15/11 11:17 PM

Which one do you prefer and why? Lets hear from guys who have shot one or both or all three versions? Thanks
Danny

Posted By: devildog28

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/15/11 11:44 PM

I own 2/3 of the choices. XDm is by far the best bang for the buck; you get a little better trigger and match grade barrel from the factory for a little more than the service. I carry a service xd daily and it's still accurate and tough as hell. The M&P isn't bad but I rate it just a hair under the xd line.

Posted By: Sooner N TX

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/15/11 11:57 PM

I love the XDm in .40sw. Full size. I work for an armored car company, and if I had the money, that would be my service gun. I've borrowed and shot all 3 in different variations, and that is by far my favorite combo. It’s accurate and well balanced. The trigger is smooth and crisp. The capacity is ridiculous.

It's all personal preferance, but it is what it is.

Posted By: devildog28

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 12:59 AM

I guess I should've added that my XDm is the new .45 model. Not sure if the dimensions are the same as the XDm 9 or .40.

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 01:01 AM

XDM or M&P, very little difference in my opinion...

Posted By: 30378

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 03:05 AM

Don't own an XD but I have a full size 9mm and 45 S&W M&P and love both of them. They feed everything. The 9 has roughly 4000 rounds and the 45 has 2500 with no issue whatsoever. Great pistols.

Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 08:56 AM

I have a subcompact XD-40 and it is very accurate for a 3" barrel.

Posted By: dieselgeek

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 12:45 PM

I prefer the M&P, but both would be great.

Posted By: KellyAsh

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 03:56 PM

I like the M&P over the XDm because the weight of the gun sits lower in my hand, the recoil feels less to me, and my follow up shots feel faster also. This might be all in my head but whatever. If it makes me more comfortable and confident, I'll take it. I do love the XDs though. For a duty or OC gun, it would be a great choice, IMO.

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 08:45 PM

thanks all, keep em coming gents

Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 11:21 PM

xdm 40 above all those in my opinion. It is a spectacular gun. Lightweight, shoots really well, not much recoil, and extremely accurate. Its much sleeker looking than the xd, better barrel, but that does not really make much difference in my opinion. They both are extremely accurate. Dont know much about the M&P except that the LEO's at the dept I work for (im fire) use them and most dont like them. They say that its only a matter of time before the dept makes a change to get rid of them.

Posted By: Omaney

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/16/11 11:35 PM

I've shot the XD in .40. I've owned the M&P40. I like them both. The edge for ME goes to the M&P. I like the lower bore axis and the resulting effect on perceived recoil. The thing is though, they're both excellent.

Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/17/11 01:43 PM

I have shot all three in .40 and prefer the XD myself.

Posted By: K.P

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/17/11 07:10 PM

very happy with my XDm, capacity is ridiculous!!! Shoots very nice and is very balanced in the hand, feels even better with a tac light on the front. Trigger is really nice as well, much better than others.

M&P is a great weapon but after shooting both I was more impressed with the XDm as it felt better to me.

Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/17/11 09:30 PM

I had credit at Bass Pro and I went with the XDm 3.8 in .40. I have yet to shoot it, but feels like a solid gun and obviously would be my choice in your options.

Posted By: Mfloski

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/18/11 12:34 AM

i have two XDs and love them both, would buy another!

Posted By: Victor Six Bravo

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/18/11 02:28 AM

M&P

Posted By: mjohnson6565

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/18/11 08:51 PM

I have had many M&P's and still own one. I also currently own both an XDSC and a XDMc. I am not a fan of the MP line. It just doesn't feel right in my hand. Granted it runs without a hitch however both XD point more naturally for me and thus I am more accurate with them.

My op. is to try all three at a range and let that make the choice for you.

Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/18/11 09:53 PM

I went to BPS today because I'm considering buying either the Springfield or a Glock and the Springfield felt great, while the Glock's grip was too large and didn't feel as comfortable even though I really wanted to like the Glock. If you can, you should try to hold each one and compare.

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/18/11 10:15 PM

I have handled both alot and the XDM feels much better in my hand. Have not had the chance to shoot either as of yet.
Thanks for all the comments!
Dano

Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/19/11 02:53 PM

you wont be disappointed with the xdm

Posted By: ilike2hunt2

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/20/11 02:23 AM

XDm, all the way.

Posted By: DRT1

Re: Springfield XD, XDM, or S&W M&P? - 01/21/11 05:52 PM

like the xd or xdm.. the xtra safety on the grip is an added bonus and you can even order one w/ thumb saftey and make it real similar to the 1911 in function at least. accuracy diff between xd and xdm is negligible to non existent. good luck with whatever you buy..

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum