Texas Hunting Forum

Men’s Game Banquet - FEB. 20, 2016 - DOOR PRIZES - FREE event

Posted By: ACov

Men’s Game Banquet - FEB. 20, 2016 - DOOR PRIZES - FREE event - 01/13/16 10:31 PM

I want to personally invite anyone who can make it to the Men’s Game Banquet at Southwestern Seminary on February 20th, 2016 in Fort Worth, TX. We will be providing a free BBQ dinner to everyone in attendance, exhibitors will be set up including local guides/outfitters, truck dealers, TPWD, and a whole lot more.

Paige Patterson, president of Southwestern Seminary and a big game hunter, will be speaking on hunting dangerous game and emphasizing the critical importance of fathers in the role of building their sons from “the mischievous raw material of boys” into manhood. Everyone who attends will receive a free copy of Mysteries of the Bush, a book written by Armour and Paige Patterson about hunting in Africa.

David Morris, Tecomate President and CEO, will also be a featured speaker at the event. Well known for growing lots of huge whitetails, Morris has been a regular on many outdoor TV shows and loves sharing a passion for the outdoors with his family and friends.

We have a LOT of door prizes, and some that are still coming in, but some we already have include: an African safari for 2 hunters ($8,000 value), GUNS (various makes, models, and calibers), memberships to some DFW area ranges (bow and gun), dog training, gun cases, coolers and MORE.

Once again, the entire event (and door prizes) are free of charge and it should be an great time for fathers and sons, church groups, or anyone interested in hunting and the outdoors.

We still have space available for exhibitors who are interested in having a booth or presence at the event. PM me for more details.

There will also be a Wild Game Cooking Contest that may be entered by any individual or group, and any legally harvested wild game is eligible for the competition. Advanced registration is required. Participants must check-in on site by 4:30pm and will be provided with a table to display their prepared game. Participants need to provide enough meat to serve as an appetizer to approximately 15-20 people.

Judges will decide the top three place winners who will be recognized and awarded during the official program.

Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Re: Men’s Game Banquet - FEB. 20, 2016 - DOOR PRIZES - FREE event - 01/21/16 08:41 PM

Looks like fun! Hopefully my son and I will be there!

Re: Men’s Game Banquet - FEB. 20, 2016 - DOOR PRIZES - FREE event - 01/26/16 10:45 PM

Added a virtual giveaway that we will be giving away next Tuesday. You have 1 week to Like or Share our Facebook post below about the event and you'll be entered to win the YETI Swag Package (a 20oz Rambler Tumber, Yeti T-shirt, and a Camo Yeti hat). Winner will be chosen Feb. 2nd and their prize package mailed to them. Our giveaways for the event are getting even better including a Mathews Z2 bow, Beretta Silver Pigeon shotgun, Texas whitetail and Rio Grande turkey hunts, and a whole lot more.

LIKE or SHARE - Game Banquet Post on Facebook

Thanks for checking it out! Look forward to seeing you and your son there, TurkeyWhisperer.
Posted By: LD Deer Feeder and Metal

Free BBQ and Guns - 02/08/16 02:31 AM

On February 20th from 4pm to 8:30 there will be a FREE Hunting expo banquet at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Free BBQ will be provided and guns and otherwise hunting items will be given away as door prizes. Come join us!
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/08/16 04:28 AM

That sounds too good to be true. Whats the catch?

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/08/16 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: retfuz
That sounds too good to be true. Whats the catch?
Yes, it does sound too good to be true, but there’s no catch. Southwestern Seminary has called Fort Worth home since 1910, but a lot of people in the area don’t even know it exists.This event is just one of the ways we are trying to give back to the community we are a part of. Our president speaks at these types of events almost every weekend in churches all across the US, but he hasn't done one this close to home, so we decided to host one right here in our own backyard. Hope everyone can make it. We’ve had a blast planning it and putting together the door prizes.
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/08/16 08:54 PM

Legion and I will be there
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/09/16 04:13 AM

Tag
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/20/16 03:58 PM

Tonight gentlemen, see ya there.
Posted By: reeder05

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/21/16 04:46 AM

Had a really good time at this tonight. Really enjoyed the message.

Kudos to all that helped putting this together!!
Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/21/16 12:58 PM

My son and I had a blast! He even won a Genesis now! Great night, great food, great prizes and an excellent message about African Big Game hunting and God!

Re: Free BBQ and Guns - 02/22/16 04:52 AM

Glad you guys enjoyed it and so glad your son won the Genesis bow, TurkeyWhisperer! Wish I could have met you guys. We were on a mission to make the door prizes move quickly. Really glad you all made it out.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum