Page 1 of 2 1 2
Killled some trophy low fence rams #6115649 01/03/16 04:10 AM
I
indianapigsticker Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I
Both are low fence rams. I got the Texas Dall with my bow and my friend Dave got the Corsican.

A hunt based on only trophies being taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be,time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds,animals, and fish that live there. -Fred Bear
Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6115689 01/03/16 04:45 AM
S
safdm44 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
congrats! where was the Corsican taken and how much.. ive been looking for one!

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6116156 01/03/16 04:55 PM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Nice rams! Congrats

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6119081 01/05/16 04:10 AM
H
Hen-Killer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Nice cheers

"I'm responsible only for what I say, not for what you understand"
Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6119411 01/05/16 02:20 PM
T
texastrophyhunter63 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
What part of Texas are rams free range?

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: texastrophyhunter63] #6119440 01/05/16 02:39 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: texastrophyhunter63
I was going to say something but decided not to. Glad you did.

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6119741 01/05/16 04:43 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Nice dall, i think he meant just not high fence.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: Mike Honcho] #6119754 01/05/16 04:49 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: jorge
Nice dall, i think he meant just not high fence.
Any fence except maybe a 3 strand barb wire fence is a HF to a sheep.

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: don k] #6119768 01/05/16 04:54 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: don k
Originally Posted By: texastrophyhunter63
I was going to say something but decided not to. Glad you did.

Texas has free range Big Horns

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6119837 01/05/16 05:18 PM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Beautiful Rams. up

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6119969 01/05/16 06:17 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
I hunted a property in the Kendall County that had Audad in large numbers and Corsican and some other kind of sheep were seen with regularity. It was a LF property and I assure you the landowner hated them and did not want them there. I would consider them free range and the place was fenced with sheep and goat netting with 2 strands of barbed on top and one on bottom.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6120062 01/05/16 06:55 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If you saw corsican type sheep jump a net wire fence with 2 barbs on top then you have seen something I have never seen. And I am 69 years old and have seen a lot of stuff. And as for Aoudad, even an 8 ft. fence is a low fence to them.

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6120116 01/05/16 07:16 PM
I
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I
if ya'll are going to sit and argue I just won't post next time. ridiculous.

A hunt based on only trophies being taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be,time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds,animals, and fish that live there. -Fred Bear
Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: don k] #6120198 01/05/16 07:52 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: don k
If you saw corsican type sheep jump a net wire fence with 2 barbs on top then you have seen something I have never seen. And I am 69 years old and have seen a lot of stuff. And as for Aoudad, even an 8 ft. fence is a low fence to them.

Never saw Corsicans or anything but the Aoudad jump a fence, but the owner ran angora and cross goats on the property and the fences were such to keep them in and the others got in and out somehow as they pleased.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6120376 01/05/16 09:08 PM
C
Classic Rocks Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: indianapigsticker

Calm down Indiana, they are just cranky from the cold weather and Jan 1 hangovers.
Fantastic Texas Dall. I would love to see the mount.

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6120402 01/05/16 09:21 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: indianapigsticker
Who is arguing? Me an Redchevy are just sharing opinions. Besides, I never seen a fence that could keep goats in but not keep sheep out.

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6120411 01/05/16 09:28 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Very nice rams. Looks like a neat place. Where?

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6120654 01/05/16 11:24 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Nice Rams!

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: Creekrunner] #6120842 01/06/16 12:49 AM
I
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Very nice rams. Looks like a neat place. Where?

Guy we know around Pearsall. Very nice place!

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6122781 01/07/16 12:16 AM
H
Hoosier Hunter Dave Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
What's Uuuuuuuup P H. Thanks for posting n pic on my Corsican go X

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6123846 01/07/16 05:09 PM
B
buck wild Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Despite my resolve to stay out of the conversation I just can't laugh banana

Indiana guys- a hearty welcome to Texas and congrats on those very nice sheep. We always welcome other hunters with open arms and appreciate your support of our Texas ranches.

This conservation is a topic of semantics, quite possibly only associated with Texas hunters and especially exotics. For 15 yrs Texas hunters have been "discussing" high fence hunting and the good and evil of same. This has led to a fracturing, that IMO, is harmful to the hunting community as a whole. Therefore, the terms "high fence" and "low fence" come with loaded conatations. Perhaps unknowingly, when you titled the thread "low fence rams" that kicked in 20+ yrs of history. Additionally, the exotic nature of the game also drives part of this discussion. Rams of this type are not generally free ranging anywhere in Texas outside a few pockets around Del Rio like Mulie Mike has and other exotic hotspots in the hill country. Otherwise most rams are under some type of fence restraint albeit for sheep a 4" ft net wire fence generally serves that purposes. Everyone here on THF exotic section understands that and it is part of the nature of these hunts being available in the first place. So although not a high fence by general definition, even the 4' ft fences are not what most Texans list under the "low fence" category (go back to the part about 15+ yrs of the high fence debate). That's all a few folks were pointing out. No one thinks any less of your animals if they frequent this section of the hunting threads, and no one is calling your integrity into play or anything close to that. I will tell you that by "Texan thinking" there are no low fence rams in Pearsal, Texas, but that doesn't make me think any different about you as a hunter or sportsman.

Congrats again- next time i would love to join ya'll !!!

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: buck wild] #6123873 01/07/16 05:17 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: buck wild

Indiana guys- a hearty welcome to Texas and congrats on those very nice sheep. We always welcome other hunters with open arms and appreciate your support of our Texas ranches.

This conservation is a topic of semantics, quite possibly only associated with Texas hunters and especially exotics. For 15 yrs Texas hunters have been "discussing" high fence hunting and the good and evil of same. This has led to a fracturing, that IMO, is harmful to the hunting community as a whole. Therefore, the terms "high fence" and "low fence" come with loaded conatations. Perhaps unknowingly, when you titled the thread "low fence rams" that kicked in 20+ yrs of history. Additionally, the exotic nature of the game also drives part of this discussion. Rams of this type are not generally free ranging anywhere in Texas outside a few pockets around Del Rio like Mulie Mike has and other exotic hotspots in the hill country. Otherwise most rams are under some type of fence restraint albeit for sheep a 4" ft net wire fence generally serves that purposes. Everyone here on THF exotic section understands that and it is part of the nature of these hunts being available in the first place. So although not a high fence by general definition, even the 4' ft fences are not what most Texans list under the "low fence" category (go back to the part about 15+ yrs of the high fence debate). That's all a few folks were pointing out. No one thinks any less of your animals if they frequent this section of the hunting threads, and no one is calling your integrity into play or anything close to that. I will tell you that by "Texan thinking" there are no low fence rams in Pearsal, Texas, but that doesn't make me think any different about you as a hunter or sportsman.

Very good post.

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6124087 01/07/16 06:53 PM
B
buck wild Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
And a point I forgot to include, which also ties into the long history behind the terminology. Most anti-high fence guys equate "low fence" with "free ranging". It's part of their argument against high fences and the animals belong to the state, all in theory. Of course those same terms aren't always the same in exotic hunting, low fence does not equate to free ranging for all species. And that might be the very heart of this discussion- low fence did not mean free ranging in that sense, and I'm all good with that, as I am sure others commenting here are also.

Again- great rams- hope you enjoy them for a long time !! I'm looking for a LARGE Corsican if anyone knows of one, low fence or high fence smile

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: buck wild] #6124161 01/07/16 07:27 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: buck wild

Could not have stated it any better. cheers

Re: Killled some trophy low fence rams [Re: indianapigsticker] #6124723 01/08/16 01:31 AM
I
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I
I dont know why people take fences so seriously. (Please dont explain to me why for god sake) But I'd like to clear something up as well. These rams were not stocked. They came in from somewhere entirely else. They did cross the 4 ft fence to get on to this property. But thats not the point. The point is that when I post "low fence rams" I dont need multiple people explaining to me what a low fence is. I know what a low fence is and I really dont need the history in Texas of how people view fences. roflmao But thank you that was interesting! And as for whoever said there are no free ranging corsicans, Safari Club International has a record book particularly for free ranging corsican rams and a completely different one for non free ranging corsicans. Soooo yeah. But ill end on this. If a fence is a low fence, which means its not a high fence, then you cant sit and look at it and call it something different. Its a low fence. Things can roam in and out of it. I really dont understand the big deal with the fences. Chill out everybody! We're a hunting community. Not a debate team. If you want to debate send me a Pm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide