Print Thread
Predator Calling Rig Help #5518813 01/04/15 05:25 PM
G
Green Timber Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
G
Alright guys here's the deal, I'm wanting to rig up my predator calling high rack with permanent speakers that I can run with my phone or ipod. I've already got a foxpro but woud like to get away from using it while hunting from the truck. So basically what I need to know is which speakers and what kind of amp would I need to make this setup? I would also like to power the system either directly off the truck's battery or a cigarette lighter- Any help would be greatly appreciated up

Re: Predator Calling Rig Help [Re: Green Timber] #5519921 01/05/15 12:31 AM
T
truenorthoutdoors_tx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Whats your line of thought in getting away from the foxpro, seems like alot of wasted time and money on the unnecessary. seems counter-productive to me??? maybe i am missing something, just curious

You're gonna be good at what you practice, make sure you are practicing the right thing...
Re: Predator Calling Rig Help [Re: truenorthoutdoors_tx] #5520052 01/05/15 12:58 AM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
confused2 Bigger tis Better flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Predator Calling Rig Help [Re: truenorthoutdoors_tx] #5520250 01/05/15 02:10 AM
G
Green Timber Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
G
Originally Posted By: truenorth08
Whats your line of thought in getting away from the foxpro, seems like alot of wasted time and money on the unnecessary. seems counter-productive to me??? maybe i am missing something, just curious

We hunt a lot of all night contest which means a lot of getting in and out of the high rack and constantly lugged gear up and down. Plus the fox pro can burn trough some double a's when run all night. My line of thinking is it'd sure be nice to climb in the rack and not have to worry about anything except pushing play on my phone. I'll still use the fox pro in the daytime when away from the truck.

I'm thinking I can do this with 2 power horn speaker and a cheap marine amp and have about $100 in it. I'm just not a tech guy so when it comes to ohms and watts I'm lost-

Re: Predator Calling Rig Help [Re: Green Timber] #5520622 01/05/15 04:29 AM
R
Ronnie Oneal Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Mount you a tool box to the front of your high rack and store all your stuff in it. Keep your rifles in soft cases in the tool box and keep your fox pro in it as well. If your buying good batteries they should last awhile unless your using a shockwave or running both speakers on your call. You could just buy a big speaker that plugs into your Fox pro and mount it to your rack. Run the cord thru the tool box and plug it into your foxpro. When u get your guns out to make a stand turn your call on and your ready to go. Mounting a tool box to your high rack for storage is the best thing you will ever do!!!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQa5cwBGes6Kp0cGQOj2Brw

NIGHT CREW TV on YouTube ☝️☝️☝️

https://m.facebook.com/nightcrewfans/

NIGHT CREW TV Facebook☝️☝️☝️
Re: Predator Calling Rig Help [Re: Green Timber] #5521706 01/05/15 08:59 PM
H
Hair 'o dog Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Find a head unit (the stereo in the dash) with wireless bluetooth (best if distance allows) or a wired plug for jack that plugs into headphone jack of phone. stereo head unit should have pre-out connections to add an amplifier. connect good smooth powerful amp to some quality outdoor patio or marine speakers that have all weather box enclosure and mounting bracket such AS THESE.
expensive wakeboard boat tower speakers could work as well.
good hifi car stereo shop can set you up if afraid to tackle alone. but be ready to spend cost of quality colt .45 or talk to CRUTCHFIELD guys if want to do it yourself.
can probably source a lot of this second hand off craigslist.
will also enjoy having the outdoor music abilities from your phone or the stereo at tailgates, around camp fire, etc. may need extra battery just for this equipment if running all night without truck engine alternator keeping things charged.
might as well add some lights to that extra battery. can get all weather switches from dune buggy shop.
i don'ta have ta cheep post flag

Re: Predator Calling Rig Help [Re: Green Timber] #5522640 01/06/15 03:59 AM
F
furdown Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
foxpro truck pro

I've tried the phone deal, got to have an amp to get it loud enough. Burns through 9v batteries quick if you get the radio shack amp. Buy once, cry once but thats what I would do

�There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter.�- Ernest Hemingway

Re: Predator Calling Rig Help [Re: furdown] #5522743 01/06/15 04:56 AM
R
Ronnie Oneal Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: furdown
foxpro truck pro

I've tried the phone deal, got to have an amp to get it loud enough. Burns through 9v batteries quick if you get the radio shack amp. Buy once, cry once but thats what I would do

X2

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQa5cwBGes6Kp0cGQOj2Brw

NIGHT CREW TV on YouTube ☝️☝️☝️

https://m.facebook.com/nightcrewfans/

NIGHT CREW TV Facebook☝️☝️☝️
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide