Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,816
Posts9,729,466
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
When is a night vision company or vendor going to host a Texas Regional Hog Kill Contest? #6317529 05/31/16 08:23 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I just can't figure it... You know with all this whiz-bang technology being used and talked about online these days - when is a manufacturer or vendor going to step up and host a pig killin contest???

I've never participated in a contest before, mainly because not much goes on in town (DFW) and the sign up and weigh ins and all that seems like a PITA.

I assume that all the formality exists for a couple of reasons, A. it builds camaraderie amongst the hunters B. it deters cheating or fudging the numbers.

Well what would you guys think of a contest that featured the following:

You put down a credit card number as a deposit and in return you are issued a thermal or night vision scope (probably digital technology) that has a serialized SD card on it and a DVR provided. The deposit covers loss or obvious mistreatment of the gear.

You are given a weekend to hunt when and where you like and in order for the kill to qualify for the contest IT MUST BE RECORDED with date/time stamp on the video along with a photo of the hog with a measurement of heart/girth.

The "prize pot" doesn't have to be a cash award in my opinion because I think the allure of this contest is getting the opportunity to use equipment that you may want to buy or cannot afford (so a perk if you will) and also the playing field is level in terms of technology because you must all use the same gear.

Anyhow I am thinking 5 teams in a given 3-4 county area (regional area) with the contest judged by a non-participating party.

Again it just seems like a gap that could be filled with all this high tech gear sitting on shelves or on factory docks....

Best part is what if they'd cut you a deal (discount) on the unit you use as part of the contest as added incentive to garner participation.

Im not sayin to give it away you know 20% off something like that for those who were going to buy in anyway.

What would you pay to play on a contest like this?

I'd say 150.00 bucks for entry and use of the equipment for the weekend would be reasonable.......

Just shooting the breeze here folks

cowboy

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: When is a night vision company or vendor going to host a Texas Regional Hog Kill Contest? [Re: Pig_Popper] #6319806 06/02/16 03:54 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
cheers cool nidea for area"s with hog problems... had looked inta some of the cheaper NV several years back for hog huntig... 1) area i had axcess for hog hunts was WMA bang no night hunts... 2) behind house by food plot, feeders, & other deer suplements had out, not enough hog activity ta warrent the price of even cheapest NV... went with scope over & lazer under with with cellular lights in an ovel pattern... 3) economy, income would prevent some at $150.00 entrance fee... Have seen several threads were people rent NV... scratch Tis thinking biggest obstical is finding & getting permission from land owners for hog hunts not the manufactures & vendors.. Do agree cheers with all the high-tech avalable the hog culling would be higher than what it is... Since the WMA opened up just down the road from were lived, seen the hog numbers drop with limited hunting opertunities, just takes pudding one foot in front of de udder... My hunts were more for grillen & chillen, the AK's & then the AR's made a difference... just my 2cents i got cheap posts... Tip me cowboyhat ta the nidea sounds like partyon555 good time... Best Wishes.. flag

Last edited by colt.45; 06/02/16 03:58 PM.

i'm postaddic
Re: When is a night vision company or vendor going to host a Texas Regional Hog Kill Contest? [Re: Pig_Popper] #6325563 06/07/16 01:18 AM
T
TXGH Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
TXGameHunters.com Hosted an online Hog Contest and it did pretty well I think they are planning on doing another one soon.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide