Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,815
Posts9,729,453
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Synchronized Sows Down - First Pulsar Core RXQ30V Hog Footage #6796349 06/17/17 10:35 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Pig_Popper mounted the Pulsar Core RXQ30V on a freacking .450 Bushmaster that he brought on our hunt last night. We got some 'through the scope' video of hogs with the core. That is the good news. The bad news is that they were in out and out high oats, appearing, partial views, disappearing, for both the Pulsar and the IR Hunter MKIII.

Two cool things happened during this hunt. First, we never left our elevated observation point in the back of the truck and the hogs eventually came right to us without any coaxing. Second, was how well the initial timed shots turned out.

The video is a bit longer, showing views from both scopes, but I think you will enjoy the shot sequence.

FYI - there is a pretty graphic ballistic result image that may not be work or family-friendly.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Synchronized Sows Down - First Pulsar Core RXQ30V Hog Footage [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6796358 06/17/17 10:55 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Okay, wow, what a hunt - lets see what I can add from my perspective.

First off , DNS you're able to create videos that tell the tale quite well and this is yet another masterful production.

Secondly , thanks for the invite - this was the first time out with the Pulsar Core and it is on the scoreboard!

My thoughts:

If you're considering a thermal riflescope the Pulsar Core will provide a functional image to ID and shoot out to 150 yards in my opinion. It will provide you with detection capabilities (heat signature) at 350+ but I highly encourage you close the distance to ensure positive ID.

In the Core video "I state two deer off to the left". I only knew they were deer because we had been watching the field with one of DNS' 75mm (high mag) thermal monoculars.

So realize the Pulsar Core is a low magnification, small lense objective, riflescope and keep your expectations reasonable - hopefully the video gives you an idea of the capabilities.

And yes, the Core video was horribly filmed - my fault and again DNS plucked a useable 10 seconds out of 4 mins of crappy shaky blurry footage. I do weddings and anniversaries if you like my film style whistle

About the hunt:

The field is pretty decent size and I couldn't believe these pigs essentially walked themselves into our shots. I placed my pip (reticle aiming point) right between the pigs eyes and the bullet struck it in the mouth - we didn't mess with a necropsy but the damage was evident. Still despite the facial rearrangement the hog required another shot to be anchored - tough animals for certain !

Last edited by Pig_Popper; 06/17/17 11:03 PM.

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide